Homebrew Question Is there a way to make folders to put your games in?

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I have been interested in finding a way to make folders to put my games in, so I can then make like a "Favorites" list, or a "Neo Geo" List, etc.

Anyone know of a way I can do this?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Jon ;]

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean something like how the PS4 let's you put games in folders? No. Nintendo doesn't let you do that. There is an alternative Homebrew menu in development though called uLaunch. It might let you do that someday but for now it doesn't.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean something like how the PS4 let's you put games in folders? No. Nintendo doesn't let you do that. There is an alternative Homebrew menu in development though called uLaunch. It might let you do that someday but for now it doesn't.
Thanks for the reply! I am not sure how the PS4 works, but I am talking about how the 3DS and 2DS work, they let you make folders to put your games/apps in, just like an Android or iPhone Cell phone.

Know what I mean?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Came here to say this as well. Keep an eye on it, it looks very promising.

https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S - I figured since Nintendo allowed you to do this on the 2DS and 3DS (Never had a regul;ar NDS so I don't know if it had folders also or not), They would keep the same funcionality in the Nintendo Switch.

But even if Nintendo doesn't allow you to do this on the Switch. is there some sort of Homebrew APP or something that lets you do this? I use Atmosphere and I would rather not have to switch my Payload...

I want it to work just like the 3DS or 2DS, or even the PS Vita.

Even if not EXACTLY the same as those other consoles, I jsut want SOME KIND of filtering for my games, like the games I most play or something, idk...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Came here to say this as well. Keep an eye on it, it looks very promising.

https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch
Alright I guess I will trust you guys then, you probably know way more than I do xD

Thanks so much for the help brothers! ;]

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I am not sure how the PS4 works, but I am talking about how the 3DS and 2DS work, they let you make folders to put your games/apps in, just like an Android or iPhone Cell phone.

Know what I mean?

Yep that's exactly how the PS4 works. For whatever reason Nintendo doesn't let you do that which is insane because the 3DS can.

For now you'll just have to wait for Nintendo to do something about it or uLaunch to add it in.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S - I figured since Nintendo allowed you to do this on the 2DS and 3DS (Never had a regul;ar NDS so I don't know if it had folders also or not), They would keep the same funcionality in the Nintendo Switch.

But even if Nintendo doesn't allow you to do this on the Switch. is there some sort of Homebrew APP or something that lets you do this? I use Atmosphere and I would rather not have to switch my Payload...

I want it to work just like the 3DS or 2DS, or even the PS Vita.

Even if not EXACTLY the same as those other consoles, I jsut want SOME KIND of filtering for my games, like the games I most play or something, idk...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright I guess I will trust you guys then, you probably know way more than I do xD

Thanks so much for the help brothers! ;]
This. I haven't had a switch very long, bought one a couple months ago to play around with android/linux mainly, as alot of the switch games look like shoe horned in pc ports, few first party, couple decent third party, and a whole crapload of shovelware, so I never really noticed this.

I can't believe that they didn't port folders over from the 3ds version of horizon! (I haven't used it alot as a switch... I haven't even bothered to install the dev toolchain yet either... OTOH I never did for the 3ds either... just couldn't be bothered... although the awoo installer almost made me install it...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1