Hacking Is there a way to lock games in R4

citaleya14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the grammar
btw is there a way to lock a game in r4 because my sister always delete my games
i want to lock it

thanks for help

anyone will be appreciate

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bitch slap her. no seriously. or just hide the usb adapter thingy? but i say go with my first suggestion
biggrin.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just say to her "Don't you dare delete or touch any damn thing or else..."or you can say it nicely"Please sister dearest,don't delete anything because you might hurt me..."lol!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Pffft, the solution is simple. Take all your games and save files from the R4DS and place them inside a folder on the PC as a backup file. So your sister can stop that. Also if you sister persist with childish destruction towards your stuff, tell her 'If you don't leave my stuff alone, I make sure Karma get you back 100x folded!'

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, every single one of you have not understood OP's problem (with the exception of Another World & Vague Rant).
I know for a fact that, with the R4 you can delete the rom file from your MicroSD whilst it is in your DS (with the press of one button - is it select?). This action, whether deliberate or accidental, deletes the rom but leaves the Save file on your MicroSD.

That all said, I have absolutely no idea whether any action can be taken to prevent it happening. Sorry.
Just thought it pertinent to point it out.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Dark^'^Knight said:
Well, every single one of you have not understood OP's problem (with the exception of Another World & Vague Rant).
jaywilson clearly understood, and offered a solution that would work fine on the R4.

QUOTEI know for a fact that, with the R4 you can delete the rom file from your MicroSD whilst it is in your DS (with the press of one button - is it select?).
2 buttons iirc, you have to press it (X I think), and then you have to confirm.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quim69 said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
jaywilson clearly understood, and offered a solution that would work fine on the R4.
Think about it, if you can......I can only assume OP probably "shares" DS with sister and when she has a turn at playing "her games", she randomnly deletes one/more of his games with the click of one/two buttons (whether deliberate, or otherwise). So, given my assumption of what's probably happening, you think that this solution will help?? OP would need to remove MicroSD, place in PC, hide selected games and replace MicroSD for the sister to use when she wants...and what if they both play certain games under different save files?

Sorry, but I personally can't see any value in that suggestion. Of course, I have no problem with jaywilson suggesting that idea (as someone may think it is a super idea). No one in their right mind would keep changing hidden properties on their MicroSD.

BTW, has anyone tried the suggestion by Vague Rant?

bano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didnt anyone suggest DSorganise? He could easily hide his folder of games whenever he doesnt want to use his DS anymore.
And when he wants to use it just start up dsorganise and unhide your precious folder of games =P

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Dark^'^Knight said:
Think about it, if you can......I can only assume OP probably "shares" DS with sister and when she has a turn at playing "her games", she randomnly deletes one/more of his games with the click of one/two buttons (whether deliberate, or otherwise). So, given my assumption of what's probably happening, you think that this solution will help?? OP would need to remove MicroSD, place in PC, hide selected games and replace MicroSD for the sister to use when she wants...
Or he will just need to hide all his files, then give it to her.

When he wants to play he simply presses SELECT on the R4 (, once for EBOOK mode, once for SAVer mode and one final time for files mode) ) for it to show hidden files. When he has finished playing he presses SELECT again and gives it back to his sister.

QUOTE said:
No one in their right mind would keep changing hidden properties on their MicroSD.
And nobody with even the slightest clue on how the R4 works would need to either.

It's the only option he really has, other than buying his sister a $3 1gb microsd card for herself.

and what if they both play certain games under different save files?
As above, a seperate MicroSD card is the only choice - also if they play the same games under different saves then he will need to use his pc (or dsorganise) to change saves over - yet changing file permissions (which isn't even necessary) would be a problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse