Is there a way to load Moonshell from R4 to Slot 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Feels Good Man, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Like press the Music option on an R4/M3 Simply to go to the moonshell thing on the Slot 2 card?

I need this because it'll be more convenient to just touch a button than going through all the menu's on my Slot 2 card

2. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    I've seen some homebrew like WabbitDS being able to switch file loading from slot-1 to slot-2 and vice versa. I'm sure this can be implemented in MoonShell, so you'll have a MoonShell that can browse both slot-1 and slot-2.

I'm not sure if MoonShell is open source though, if it is, maybe someone could compile a version with this feature (I think it's a DevKitPro option/library?)

Otherwise, maybe ask Moonlight/Infantile Paralyser (MoonShell's author)

3. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Patch the Moonshell's .nds file with the DLDI file for your slot-2 device, then run it through "DLDI No-autopatch" so that your R4 won't automatically repatch it with its own DLDI file upon execution. Search for it on the GBAdev forums or on Google to find it.

EDIT: here's a better link to it, actually: http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?ti...DI_No-AutoPatch

4. Feels Good Man
    OP

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Awesome! Thanks! That helped out alot

5. Feels Good Man
    OP

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Aw... Morning Timer doesnt work D=