Hacking Is there a way to install nsp files and xci files on atmosphere?

ItzMrCactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello! I recently installed atmosphere onto my switch because ReiNX is not supported on the most recent Switch firmware (9.0.1 or 9.0.0). Though I have come to realize that I cannot install nsp files or xci files on atmosphere. But I can install them just fine on ReiNX. Whenever I try to install NSP or XCI files on atmosphere, I get an error saying that my sigpatches could be outdated, or my firmware level could be too low (even though im on 9.0.1). I have tried using GoldLeaf and Tinfoil. I have tried installing NSP files through PC with USB. And I would love to be able to play online with 90DNS enabled. But I cant do that with ReiNX since the last supported version of it is 8.1.0. Any help would be appreciated!

-Cactus

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time sxos user can somebody explain to me what these signpatches are with atmosphere everyone keeps harping on about , everyone keeps bagging sxos but it seems a lot easier to get nsp and xci files to work ..
Atmosphere doesn't support piracy, one way of showing is they don't allow game backups to be played by default so you need to overwrite a few files to do so these "signature patches" that bypass signature checks on games and such. You may think sxos is easier to use, but it's probably because you're used to it. At this point Atmosphere is best (100% free, open source, and updated the quickest generally speaking) Also SXOS team are alleged code thefts (the claims seem good, but I haven't really investigated) (not saying sxos is harder, but you don't really know what goes into it, and at best it's just as easy but has xci loading and costs money)

Reactions: vincentallen2

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The money argument doesn't register to me for someone that has a lot of backups. It's way cheaper to pay $25 for SX OS one time and be able to use a 1 TB external hard drive than paying nothing and having to use a 1 TB sd card, which cost around $450 right now. So SX OS is way cheaper for someone that uses a lot of games.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The money argument doesn't register to me for someone that has a lot of backups. It's way cheaper to pay $25 for SX OS one time and be able to use a 1 TB external hard drive than paying nothing and having to use a 1 TB sd card, which cost around $450 right now. So SX OS is way cheaper for someone that uses a lot of games.
That's fair, but more for the people who play in docked mode frequently. A 1tb micro sd is a bit much for almost anybody outside the people who just want to have the games to have them (I'll admit I'm one of these people though and it's why I have a 400gb sd). A 400gb micro sd is pretty cheap too

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fair, but more for the people who play in docked mode frequently. A 1tb micro sd is a bit much for almost anybody outside the people who just want to have the games to have them (I'll admit I'm one of these people though and it's why I have a 400gb sd). A 400gb micro sd is pretty cheap too

Technically with the right usb cable you can even play with an external hard drive in handheld mode on the go, I think it's a type a to b something like that.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically with the right usb cable you can even play with an external hard drive in handheld mode on the go, I think it's a type a to b something like that.

yes you can, I use this one with a 500gb SSD attached to it. I also copy games from my PC to the external SSD drive , then connect it to my switch and use SXinstaller to copy games from the SSD to the SD card. it's really fast at copying and I hardly ever have to take the SD card out of the switch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-OTG-Keple-Connector-15/dp/B071J8D33Y

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, didn't know that (makes sense though), has to be a battery killer though lol
yes you can, I use this one with a 500gb SSD attached to it. I also copy games from my PC to the external SSD drive , then connect it to my switch and use SXinstaller to copy games from the SSD to the SD card. it's really fast at copying and I hardly ever have to take the SD card out of the switch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-OTG-Keple-Connector-15/dp/B071J8D33Y
That's not an sxos exclusive feature though
still pretty cool though probably a battery killer if you keep it attached in handheld mode though

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, didn't know that (makes sense though), has to be a battery killer though lol

That's not an sxos exclusive feature though
still pretty cool though probably a battery killer if you keep it attached in handheld mode though

but I can play XCI games from the external SSD that is a SX os exclusive.

sure it drains the battery but I can also use the drive plugged in to the dock.

I prefer XCI files to NSP because I like to just cut and paste and see easily what games are on my SD card. but each to their own , I'm not knocking Atmos at all.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I can play XCI games from the external SSD that is a SX os exclusive.

sure it drains the battery but I can also use the drive plugged in to the dock.

I prefer XCI files to NSP because I like to just cut and paste and see easily what games are on my SD card. but each to their own , I'm not knocking Atmos at all.
I meant installing from usb isn't an exclusive feature. Loading from an hdd is. If atmosphere had these features I would install all the games
I would play on my tv on the hdd (such as smash bros) for sure. Both have their things though

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere doesn't support piracy, one way of showing is they don't allow game backups to be played by default so you need to overwrite a few files to do so these "signature patches" that bypass signature checks on games and such. You may think sxos is easier to use, but it's probably because you're used to it. At this point Atmosphere is best (100% free, open source, and updated the quickest generally speaking) Also SXOS team are alleged code thefts (the claims seem good, but I haven't really investigated) (not saying sxos is harder, but you don't really know what goes into it, and at best it's just as easy but has xci loading and costs money)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok thanks for the info does each game need its own sign patch or is it a one size fits all sort of thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.