Is there a way to install nsp files and xci files on atmosphere?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by ItzMrCactus, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ItzMrCactus
    OP

ItzMrCactus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    Russia
    Chelyabinsk, Russia
    Hello! I recently installed atmosphere onto my switch because ReiNX is not supported on the most recent Switch firmware (9.0.1 or 9.0.0). Though I have come to realize that I cannot install nsp files or xci files on atmosphere. But I can install them just fine on ReiNX. Whenever I try to install NSP or XCI files on atmosphere, I get an error saying that my sigpatches could be outdated, or my firmware level could be too low (even though im on 9.0.1). I have tried using GoldLeaf and Tinfoil. I have tried installing NSP files through PC with USB. And I would love to be able to play online with 90DNS enabled. But I cant do that with ReiNX since the last supported version of it is 8.1.0. Any help would be appreciated!

-Cactus

2. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    have you tried grabbing the sigpatches and putting them on your sdcard?

3. ItzMrCactus
    OP

ItzMrCactus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    Russia
    Chelyabinsk, Russia
    Yes, I have

4. Tinnetju

Tinnetju Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Netherlands
    Still sounds like a sigpatch issue to me. Maybe try installing them with ZeroTwoXCI

5. ItzMrCactus
    OP

ItzMrCactus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    Russia
    Chelyabinsk, Russia
    Ill be sure to do that. Thanks

6. mickthestud

mickthestud GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    Long time sxos user can somebody explain to me what these signpatches are with atmosphere everyone keeps harping on about , everyone keeps bagging sxos but it seems a lot easier to get nsp and xci files to work ..

7. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    You're about to ignite a war.

8. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Atmosphere doesn't support piracy, one way of showing is they don't allow game backups to be played by default so you need to overwrite a few files to do so these "signature patches" that bypass signature checks on games and such. You may think sxos is easier to use, but it's probably because you're used to it. At this point Atmosphere is best (100% free, open source, and updated the quickest generally speaking) Also SXOS team are alleged code thefts (the claims seem good, but I haven't really investigated) (not saying sxos is harder, but you don't really know what goes into it, and at best it's just as easy but has xci loading and costs money)

vincentallen2 likes this.
  9. ItzMrCactus
    OP

ItzMrCactus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    Russia
    Chelyabinsk, Russia
    In what way would I have to edit the files of Atmosphere to install NSP and XCI files?

10. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Use ZeroTwoXCI (I believe there is something more up to date than this but it should work just fine) and add signature patches.

11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    The money argument doesn't register to me for someone that has a lot of backups. It's way cheaper to pay $25 for SX OS one time and be able to use a 1 TB external hard drive than paying nothing and having to use a 1 TB sd card, which cost around $450 right now. So SX OS is way cheaper for someone that uses a lot of games.

MythicalData and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  12. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    That's fair, but more for the people who play in docked mode frequently. A 1tb micro sd is a bit much for almost anybody outside the people who just want to have the games to have them (I'll admit I'm one of these people though and it's why I have a 400gb sd). A 400gb micro sd is pretty cheap too

13. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Technically with the right usb cable you can even play with an external hard drive in handheld mode on the go, I think it's a type a to b something like that.

JoeBloggs777 and MythicalData like this.
  14. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    yes you can, I use this one with a 500gb SSD attached to it. I also copy games from my PC to the external SSD drive , then connect it to my switch and use SXinstaller to copy games from the SSD to the SD card. it's really fast at copying and I hardly ever have to take the SD card out of the switch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-OTG-Keple-Connector-15/dp/B071J8D33Y

15. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Huh, didn't know that (makes sense though), has to be a battery killer though lol
    That's not an sxos exclusive feature though
    still pretty cool though probably a battery killer if you keep it attached in handheld mode though

16. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    but I can play XCI games from the external SSD that is a SX os exclusive.

sure it drains the battery but I can also use the drive plugged in to the dock.

I prefer XCI files to NSP because I like to just cut and paste and see easily what games are on my SD card. but each to their own , I'm not knocking Atmos at all.

17. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I meant installing from usb isn't an exclusive feature. Loading from an hdd is. If atmosphere had these features I would install all the games
    I would play on my tv on the hdd (such as smash bros) for sure. Both have their things though

18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  19. mickthestud

mickthestud GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok thanks for the info does each game need its own sign patch or is it a one size fits all sort of thing

20. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I had that error with nsps on atmosphere.

Using fusee primary fixed it (after libusbk/sig patches etc) for quark and goldleaf 0.7.3.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted