Hacking Is there a way to install LetterBomb+HackMii when the site's down?

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jamestheawesomedude.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a Wii, and I'd like to hack it with the LetterBomb+HackMii exploit at please.hackmii.com, but the site is down.

Is it possible to use Notepad/Gedit or perhaps a hex editor to edit an existing exploit file for my MAC address (in which case where can I find a backup .zip?,) or is there some magic signing stuff that goes on server-side that wuold be near-impossible to replicate with an average computer?

Thanks in advance.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do realize that modmii points to hackmii.com to get the homebrew channel installer, right? Modmii doesn't work either.

I recently got a Wii, and I'd like to hack it with the LetterBomb+HackMii exploit at please.hackmii.com, but the site is down.

Is it possible to use Notepad/Gedit or perhaps a hex editor to edit an existing exploit file for my MAC address (in which case where can I find a backup .zip?,) or is there some magic signing stuff that goes on server-side that wuold be near-impossible to replicate with an average computer?

Thanks in advance.

Just use Wilbrand (Read this thread in its entirety: http://gbatemp.net/threads/please-hack-mii-still-down.349476/ )

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Score! It's got the Homebrew channel installed!

I'm trying to get IOS249 installed, but when I select IOS249 and press A, the controller turns off and won't reconnect until I power-cycle the Wii. The screen doesn't do anything interesting.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I won't be burning any GC games to a disc; I'll only be playing ISOs. Do I still install IOS249, or do I use something else?

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm trying to get IOS249 installed, but when I select IOS249 and press A, the controller turns off and won't reconnect until I power-cycle the Wii. The screen doesn't do anything interesting.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I won't be burning any GC games to a disc; I'll only be playing ISOs. Do I still install IOS249, or do I use something else?

Another Easy App i always use is Pimp My Wii it installs any missing IOS/cIOS that ur system is missing Run it thru HBC

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/pimp-my-wii-v3-00-now-compatible-with-the-wii-u/

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The Link is working fine Budd i just checked Multi-Mod Manager v13.4.....????

You say it's working, but it won't let me download without an account.

I'm not giving it my contact info -> There is no way to download it -> Therefore, it is broken.
Not that complicated.

Doesn't matter, though, I found another place to download it from.
However, when I try to install the WAD, it says "error: could not install WAD."

Glacko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What am I doing wrong?

How did you get the HBC working? With Modmii or Wiibrand? I'm trying with Wiibrand but it doesn't have the .elf

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Could u maybe post a pic of ur SD Card root and apps folder......which app are u using to install the WAD MMM or another???

On the root of the SD card:

/apps/
/private/
/wad/
/ModThemes/
/vbgax/
/boot.elff
/bootmini.elf
/CREDITS.txt

Some important files/folders:
/wad/DIOSMIOS_2.8.wad
/apps/MMM/

Is that the info you were looking for?

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Where'd you get the HackMii from if you don't mind me asking?

rooskie54 pointed me towards this thread, which has had a link to HackMii buried in it. I still have the file sitting in my Downloads folder, so I can send it to you if you want. The file is almost impossible to find anywhere... :(

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JamesTheAwesomeDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website