Is There a Way to Have Multiple of the Same 3DS Title in the Home Menu?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Lordsble, May 18, 2016.

1. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble Pokémon Trainer

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    So I want to have two Omega Rubys on my emunand home menu. One is a real play through, and the other one will be a randomized version. (if it's even possible to have that on the home menu)

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I guess you can if you modify the title ID of the CIA.

3. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    If you modify the title ID of the cia file as well as inject the modified romfs into it I suppose you could do just this. Or you could get another region version and inject the modified romfs then rebuild the cia and install

4. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    I've tried to change the titleid (the id that is checked when trying to install a game to see if you have it installed already) and it worked for Mario Kart 7. It did not work when I tried it with multiple different roms for Alpha Sapphire.
    Edit: Just to clarify, both games I mentioned installed side by side with the originals. Mario Kart ran properly, but Alpha Sapphire wouldn't run (black screen after starting it).

Last edited by Omegablu, May 18, 2016
  5. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    ORAS has the same TID and product code across all regions, so you will have to modify both of those on one cia if you want to install it.