Hacking Is there a way to hack new 2dsxl using a custom firmware old3ds without loosing source 3ds?

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys,
im planning to buy a new2dsxl and im planning to hack it. I already know that i need a 3ds with custom firmware on it to reach that goal. Luckily i can borrow a friends old 3dsXL, which already runs luma 3ds. But when i read the tutorial on 3ds.guide it says you have to perform a system transfer from the old3ds to the new 2dsxl. Afterwards it says qoute:

"Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week (do not restore your NAND backup before system transferring), then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS or New 2DS to an Old 3DS or Old 2DS)

Does the sentence in brackets mean that i cant get the old3dsxl back to the custom firmware state it is before starting the process? I there no way to hack the new2dsxl using the custom firmware old3dsxl and finish with the old3ds back at its old state and the new2dsxl hacked, too? I dont want to damage the setup of my friends ds. If not is there any other way to hack the new2dsxl without flashcards or hardmod? Help would be very appreciated. Thanks for your help :)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,
im planning to buy a new2dsxl and im planning to hack it. I already know that i need a 3ds with custom firmware on it to reach that goal. Luckily i can borrow a friends old 3dsXL, which already runs luma 3ds. But when i read the tutorial on 3ds.guide it says you have to perform a system transfer from the old3ds to the new 2dsxl. Afterwards it says qoute:

"Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week (do not restore your NAND backup before system transferring), then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS or New 2DS to an Old 3DS or Old 2DS)

Does the sentence in brackets mean that i cant get the old3dsxl back to the custom firmware state it is before starting the process? I there no way to hack the new2dsxl using the custom firmware old3dsxl and finish with the old3ds back at its old state and the new2dsxl hacked, too? I dont want to damage the setup of my friends ds. If not is there any other way to hack the new2dsxl without flashcards or hardmod? Help would be very appreciated. Thanks for your help :)
You could spring $20 for a flashcart. It'll keep all the data on the target 3ds. Besides that, I don't think there is a way to keep the data if they're separate 3ds models.

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. But there is no chance of getting this done without such a card?

like backing up the old one before the process or i dont know.

Last edited by naitsa,

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but there is no software solution? I have original ds game cards here, but no flash cards. Do you mean game cards regarding the hardmod?

On top of that: If i would decide to buy a flash card is there any card recommended? I found the table at 3ds guide but i have to admit i dont get it completely. Also i heard some cards dont play ds games anymore when used for that flashing method? but can be flashed back after installing the cfw? would like to get the most cheap card but be also able to play ds games with it if possible

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there is no software solution? I have original ds game cards here, but no flash cards. Do you mean game cards regarding the hardmod?

On top of that: If i would decide to buy a flash card is there any card recommended? I found the table at 3ds guide but i have to admit i dont get it completely. Also i heard some cards dont play ds games anymore when used for that flashing method? but can be flashed back after installing the cfw? would like to get the most cheap card but be also able to play ds games with it if possible
Really any card on that list should work, so just aim for the cheapest one. Also, nearly all of them can be reflashed afterwards to play DS games, and if they don't it's specified on the list. Personally i hear good things about the r4i gold and dstwo+, so maybe one of those. Also hardmods require soldering, which I believe is out of the question for you. Lastly you can back up your saves but..... You need access to the hbl to do that, which you don't have rn. To buy a compatible hax game to backup saves would be just as much as buying a flashcart anyway.

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really any card on that list should work, so just aim for the cheapest one. Also, nearly all of them can be reflashed afterwards to play DS games, and if they don't it's specified on the list. Personally i hear good things about the r4i gold and dstwo+, so maybe one of those. Also hardmods require soldering, which I believe is out of the question for you. Lastly you can back up your saves but..... You need access to the hbl to do that, which you don't have rn. To buy a compatible hax game to backup saves would be just as much as buying a flashcart anyway.

Big thanks to all of you!!!! I really love this site, because there seems to be someone willing to help here always. So glad you helped me! Ill just get a flash card. Thanks!

Reactions: Giodude

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Are we talking about DSIware transfer from O3DSXL to N2DSXL? If so, you can do NAND backup on O3DSXL, transfer, restore. That would leave everything in its place while transferring the need game.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
if you care about the nnid on the o3ds staying onm the o3ds then no.

if you don't, and you actually want the o3ds nnid on the new2ds then you can go the dsiware route
the nnid will more over and the o3ds will be formatted, you can lend it to a friend or sell it since it'll still be modded.

(you'd still have to buy a game though, and as such, getting a flashcart for ntrboot is a better deal, you get ds game loading and a way to mod any future 3ds/2ds you need to mod, forever)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c