Homebrew Is there a way to get the JP eShop on an American 3DS?

newkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do it? Has someone made a hack that allows you to access it on a US 3DS? The reason I’m asking is because I have a digital code for a region locked game and want to know if there is a way to use it? Also a bit off topic but is there a way to update a 3DS with CFW? I’m on 11.2.0-35U

Last edited by newkai,

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have a9lh or b9s with Luma cfw you can update your firmware nornally. Updating won't remove a9lh or b9s so you will still have cfw after the update. I think you might have to be on Luma 8 or higher for cfw of 11.5.xx or higher.

Last edited by tedmg091309131,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to do it? Has someone made a hack that allows you to access it on a US 3DS? The reason I’m asking is because I have a digital code for a region locked game and want to know if there is a way to use it? Also a bit off topic but is there a way to update a 3DS with CFW? I’m on 11.2.0-35U

Just use the FreeShop.

Reactions: Lacius

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only thing is that it’s not on there. The code I got was a promotional thing that can’t be purchased on the eshop which probably means it’s not on the free shop either

"Probably."
Have you checked?
If you can download it through the eShop, it's on the FreeShop. Just make it so it shows japanese software and done.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
"Probably."
Have you checked?
If you can download it through the eShop, it's on the FreeShop. Just make it so it shows japanese software and done.
If it's downloadable on eShop doesn't mean it's on the FreeShop.
There are a lot of promotional Applications you could download on eShop but it's not on FreeShop (because no titlekeys for it were leaked)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only titles with uploaded keys will be on freeshop. For example, Mario Party 100 is not there yet.

I’m probably going to buy it and upload the keys in a few days.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does freeshop use the same list as ciAngel?

Better yet... what is the title you're trying to get?
They both get the keys from the 3ds title key site. The only difference is the cache freeshop uses for photos and descriptions, which is why there is a delay with releases on freeshop.

If you go the the title key site and search you can see what’s available on either application.

Also, it’s past midnight in the Tokyo time zone.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
freeShop is crap, generate tickets using shameless 1.8.8, copy the japan tickets into your SD card and open FBI, chose your japan ticket, answer both question with A (Yes) First question install Ticket (license file) second question download game from Nintendo Network. after Downloading you have a licensed Jap Game on your American Console...Cool eh?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both get the keys from the 3ds title key site. The only difference is the cache freeshop uses for photos and descriptions, which is why there is a delay with releases on freeshop.

If you go the the title key site and search you can see what’s available on either application.

Also, it’s past midnight in the Tokyo time zone.
umm... I live in the Tokyo time zone... lol

newkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that my game can’t be downloaded/bought regularly from the eshop. It can only be downloaded as a code (since it was a preorder bonus). In case you’re wondering the game, it’s Dragon Ball Z Kyoshu Saiyan

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm... I live in the Tokyo time zone... lol
Yeah, me too.. I guess the humor/point was lost. My bad.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The problem is that my game can’t be downloaded/bought regularly from the eshop. It can only be downloaded as a code (since it was a preorder bonus). In case you’re wondering the game, it’s Dragon Ball Z Kyoshu Saiyan
The only way would be to region change your system, but if you have a N3DS/N2DS and have already connected to the eshop it’s not possible. You can with older systems though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

freeShop is crap, generate tickets using shameless 1.8.8, copy the japan tickets into your SD card and open FBI, chose your japan ticket, answer both question with A (Yes) First question install Ticket (license file) second question download game from Nintendo Network. after Downloading you have a licensed Jap Game on your American Console...Cool eh?
Same thing applies, if it’s not on the title key site you’re not going to get it.

newkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I attempted this on an old 3DS I had and when I went to create a new Nintendo Network ID and change my country, Japan wasn’t on there. RIP. Guess I need to buy a Japanese 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte