Homebrew Is there a way to get the ambassador games without CFW on n3ds?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still got them earlier tho and a new 3ds costs 199$ new without the games

its a promotional offer

promotional offer;
The act of offering a lower price temporarily in order to enhance the effectiveness of product sales efforts to cost sensitive consumers. For example, many businesses will offer promotional pricing as a sales incentive when initially launching a particular product line to potential consumers.

by the time n3ds was released, 3ds had already established its name, so it didnt exactly need a promo like that. and even then, still had a few bundles

Last edited by Sketchy1,

xX_Rowan_Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lmao those games can easily be emulated through your smart devices, laptop, raspberry pi, psp, psvita, etc., so idk why you're complaining.
Good point, but I dont like emulation on android (god damn touch controls) and a laptop isnt really handheld my other options would be PSP and PS Vita but I dont have those :/

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) if you were below 11.3, you could have set up cfw, created save backups, systransfer, then reinstall games + saves.
2) yes, they wouldnt, they arent from eshop
3) see #1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its a promotional offer, you typically dont release them later
not from the eshop . . . bull shit . . . tell me how they were obtained . . . oh yeah through the eshop

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point, but I dont like emulation on android (god damn touch controls) and a laptop isnt really handheld my other options would be PSP and PS Vita but I dont have those :/
if you have a wired xbox controller, you can use that

not from the eshop . . . bull shit . . . tell me how they were obtained . . . oh yeah through the eshop
op said he didnt pay for them, so they wouldnt transfer.

xX_Rowan_Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
----shop

if you have a wired xbox controller, you can use that

op said he didnt pay for them, so they wouldnt transfer.
But my phone doesnt have a USB port tho

xX_Rowan_Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
was talking about th pc.
and android does have micro usb to usb adapters, my tablet came with one
Oh shit that's cool
But PC/Laptop isnt handheld and needs a table to use

Oh shit that's cool
But PC/Laptop isnt handheld and needs a table to use
or lap

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
----shop

But my phone doesnt have a USB port tho
i dont think you know how a digital distribution (or the eshop) works . . . just because there is no way to purchase does not mean the games are not on the eshop or else there would be no description on the re-download screen
edit: there would not even be a re-download screen

Last edited by wormdood,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Keep an eye out for a 3DS with the games but no NNID. With a couple of system transfers and a spare console you can merge them with your NNID. I did this early last year. I recently acquired another one, I will sell this to someone so they can do the same.

xX_Rowan_Xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think you know how a digital distribution (or the eshop) works . . . just because there is no way to purchase does not mean the games are not on the eshop or else there would be no description on the re-download screen
I still wouldnt be able to transfer it

Keep an eye out for a 3DS with the games but no NNID. With a couple of system transfers and a spare console you can merge them with your NNID. I did this early last year. I recently acquired another one, I will sell this to someone so they can do the same.
Cool
you can PM me and I'll see if I buy it from you

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bro what are you talking about?
the OP said he didnt buy them, only installed the cia's.
since he DID NOT obtain them from the eshop with a valid purchase, he cannot in any way transfer them to another console.

and nobody here said you couldnt re download them if you purcased them

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: Pokem

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bro, just buy an 8bitdo snes bluetooth controller and emulate that shit lool
imo, its not worth it trying to get those games on ur 3ds if u dont already have them legit.
ur only way is to hack ur 3ds to get it, or use that snes and gba emulator in homebrew

----shop is freeshop lmao.
u cant transfer what u dont own on nintendo server

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not really that stupid, it wouldn't have been that special an event if everyone else ended up getting them too.
Still, you need a CFW and if your OFW is below 11.3, just follow the guide.
3ds.guide

Reactions: Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not really that stupid, it wouldn't have been that special an event if everyone else ended up getting them too.
Still, you need a CFW and if your OFW is below 11.3, just follow the guide.
3ds.guide
Like I said, these are just kids feeling entitled. I mean, I can emphasize with them. It truly isn't fair to a degree because it's just a tease. Nintendo introduced the capabilities of the 3DS's GBA backwards compatibility to a select few, and essentially gave the middle finger to everyone else without carrying through with what was pretty much a teasing proof of concept. That being said, though, people are well aware of custom firmware (why else would they be posting on this board?), and quite honestly have no true reason to bitch about Nintendo's decision; especially since VC injection has been a thing for quite a long time now (relatively speaking). I mean, I have 20 or more GBA VC CIAs installed thanks to custom firmware. In my opinion there really isn't any excuse to bitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: