is there a way to get MK8 reel data?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by ichidansan, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ichidansan
    OP

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    United States
    as topic says. is there a way to get the full reel saved to an sd card? is it all just mashed into the extra data saved on the wiiu? it would be really great to get the full reel if you dont/cant record with external devices.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I'd imagine it's encrypted and temporarily stored, but as far as extraction, I don't see it being feasible, at least, at this point in time.

3. ichidansan
    OP

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    United States
    i see, well guess this makes me pumped for more progress on the homebrew scene, cus its perfect recordings and all done on the console hardware. and if it were able to get placed on pc for personal editing, man that gets me goin haha. now im interested in what format the video is in, and how it would be decrypted....

4. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Isn't there a full length option in the edit highlight page?

5. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, my plan is to set the few I really love as favorites, set them to full length, and then record the videos using my Hauppauge HD PVR 2. Since for some daft reason anything >60 seconds can't be uploaded to YouTube (that's solely Nintendo's fault, not YouTube)

6. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I don't understand why anyone would ever want to keep a replay of a MK race. I've never been in/seen a MK race and said "wow I gotta watch that replay again, again and again. And random people on the internet will love to see this too!"