Hacking Is there a way to get Flashhax working on Wii 4.1?

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed homebrew before but accidentally deleted it. I want to get it again but since I modded the Wii before, I can't update to 4.3 to do any of the current Homebrew entrypoints.
Is there no way to use Flashhax on a 4.1 Wii? I don't want to try it without confirmation for fear of breaking it by installing something that doesn't work on 4.1.
Help!

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Modded your Wii how exactly?
Flashhax seems to be strictly for 4.3, so I doubt there's a workaround for that.
Though there should be plenty of other exploits that you can use, which I assume should still work on 4.1 and below, such as Bannerbomb.

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I modded it to run homebrew years ago. Can't remember exactly how I did it so I'm looking for an easier option, but all the good ones are for 4.3.
Is there a way to manually update it from an SD card or something so I don't have to do it via settings? Because it's not working that way :(

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check if you still have Priiloader installed by holding (Reset) while turning on the Wii.

* Priiloader should be able to just start the HackMii installer
* Priiloader might be blocking updates (disc and/or online) with good reason:
* Installing a new System Menu version would delete Priiloader if it is there at the moment

Most game(disc) exploits should work on any version and Bannerbomb as well as Wilbrand definitely will do for 4.1

Run the main wizard of ModMii. It provides many exploits.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just started on Bannerbomb. I'm using Bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php and I'm stuck on the part that says 'Download the HackMii Installer. Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card and rename it to boot.elf'.
I downloaded the HackMii Installer and unzipped it to the SD root, but there isn't a file named installer.elf
There IS a file already called boot.elf when I unzip it, and I'm not sure whether I should be putting that on the root or renaming Installer.elf, but I've not got that one.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an admin set up on my laptop so nobody goes on and installs random stuff on it, but I forgot the password for the admin so it wont let me install anything. I'm avoiding anything that requires installing apps to my laptop because I physically can't.

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't update to 4.3 because I had Homebrew before and deleted it by accident. Now it won't let me update because of the mod I had previously. I need something for Homebrew on Wii 4.1, and I thought Bannerbomb was one of the easier ones

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Did you RENAMED an existing "private" Folder on your SD Card before you copied the downloaded Files over ?

- Move the downloaded private folder to the SD card
- Move the HackMii installer to the SD card
- Go into the data management and there on "channels", then on "SD" and then put only the SD card in the Wii
- A dialog with the text "Load boot.dol / eleven?" should pop up, press "Yes"
- If the Wii gets stuck, turn it off and try another version from the Bannerbomb website

Maybe this is a little in more detail:

https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did everything until the point where I have to download HackMii. It says to rename the 'installer.elf' file. But when I extract the HackMii files to the SD card, there isn't a file called installer.elf.
What do I do about that?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You do not need something to rename (as on the Site mentioned "OUTDATED GUIDE")

Copy the private Folder to the EMPTY SD Card
Copy the files from the hackmii installer to the ROOT of your SD Card as they are:

Folder "licenses"
Folder "wiiload"
boot.elf
bootmini.elf
CREDITS.txt
LICENSE.txt
README.txt
README-BootMii.txt
README-HBC.txt

LEAVE your SD Card out of your Wii now.

- Go into the data management and there on "channels", THEN PUT YOUR SD CARD IN the Wii

and then

- A dialog with the text "Load boot.dol / eleven?" should pop up, press "Yes"

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, nevermind. I put it in the Wii after copying all the files to the root and nothing happens. It acts like I put a normal SD card in, and doesn't show "load boot.dol"
AND it doesn't freeze. Just lets me back straight out of the channels menu. Help??

Bobble_Boo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, I got it working :)
Just downloaded Nintendont and put a few GameCube games on it. My original GameCube stopped working so I sold all the games. It's nice to be able to play them again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."