Is there a way to get delisted games?

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there's this game I really want to play again, specifically Quarrel by Denki. It was delisted from the Xbox 360 Marketplace a long time ago. I was wondering if there's a way that I could get it again without RGH.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Historically there was profile sharing and live2con but neither of those are in play.

If it was a XNA made game (doubtful if it got ported around as much as the posts above note) then that is a variation on the theme of C# which does have half decent decompilation options by virtue of what it is. Approaching it like that, and maybe only wanting a "it works" port rather than fully commented could get you something in a reasonable timeframe as XBOX360 is basically a Windows PC rather than fully custom stuff like the N64 most are otherwise looking at.

Otherwise buy a profile/360 with it loaded on, JTAG/RGH, hope it appeared on one of the XBLA on DVD releases (don't think it did and I did go through most of them fairly recently) or investigate official ports to other systems (hoping they are available/hack easier and controls and performance are good enough), that or wait for 360 emulation to amount to something (not a timeline I would hold my breath for).

If you are after something of a similar style that is still available then I might suggest the Letter Quest games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow have the game:

20220425_105916.jpg

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Historically there was profile sharing and live2con but neither of those are in play.

If it was a XNA made game (doubtful if it got ported around as much as the posts above note) then that is a variation on the theme of C# which does have half decent decompilation options by virtue of what it is. Approaching it like that, and maybe only wanting a "it works" port rather than fully commented could get you something in a reasonable timeframe as XBOX360 is basically a Windows PC rather than fully custom stuff like the N64 most are otherwise looking at.

Otherwise buy a profile/360 with it loaded on, JTAG/RGH, hope it appeared on one of the XBLA on DVD releases (don't think it did and I did go through most of them fairly recently) or investigate official ports to other systems (hoping they are available/hack easier and controls and performance are good enough), that or wait for 360 emulation to amount to something (not a timeline I would hold my breath for).

If you are after something of a similar style that is still available then I might suggest the Letter Quest games.
360 emulation is pretty good these days, honestly. A game like this should run on fairly modest hardware as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way I can think of is using an account with the game. If you do account sharing (don't know if this still works), but you have to be signed in to play the game. This can cause red flags if the same account is playing more than one game at a time. You have a high degree of being banned if you go that route.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Digiex has a catalog of delisted trials so that's as close as you'll get, legally.

Tney are trials, but if you had the full license then it'd be unlocked as a full game. I regret not buying the X-Men Arcade game and TMNT Arcade.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way I can think of is using an account with the game. If you do account sharing (don't know if this still works), but you have to be signed in to play the game. This can cause red flags if the same account is playing more than one game at a time. You have a high degree of being banned if you go that route.
If a profile, has it, they can transfer rights to another 360, dump anything/everything ever purchased to it. This can be done like every 3 months. As long as the games aren't deleted, they are good as if you own it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all