Is there a way to force pro controller for games that don't support it?

DarkerGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to force the pro controller to be recognised as a pair of joycon controller / a single joycon controller for the games that don't support it natively.

I really hate that in some games - i.e. unworthy, dungeon of dreadrock, I can't use the pro controller and have to detach the joycons instead.

Can mission control do that?

Thanks a lot!

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK Mission control reports to the switch that whatever controller is connected (Xbox PS4, etc) is a Pro controller and that cannot be changed.

It isn't really intended for use with Switch controllers, but is for getting other consoles controllers working without a hardware adapter.

You MIGHT be able to do something like what you are looking to do with a USB adapter like the Mayflash or collective minds Switch-Up, but I've never used one so I cant say for certain.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK Mission control reports to the switch that whatever controller is connected (Xbox PS4, etc) is a Pro controller and that cannot be changed.

It isn't really intended for use with Switch controllers, but is for getting other consoles controllers working without a hardware adapter.

You MIGHT be able to do something like what you are looking to do with a USB adapter like the Mayflash or collective minds Switch-Up, but I've never used one so I cant say for certain.
All usb adapters report anything as pro controller

Reactions: impeeza

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also wanted to change the identification of the Pro Control because Resident Evil Revelations 1/2 only supports motion control on joycon.

Reactions: DarkerGBA

ndeadly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I asked @ndeadly a while ago if this was possible so Pokemon Let's Go could be played without joycons but it's probably such a niche request
Actually, the general request to have controllers present themselves as joycons is quite a popular one. It's doable and can also be made to work for first-party controllers too. I had a few issues preventing it from being suitable for release, but I think those are mostly resolved now. Main reason for holding on to it is that I want to release it alongside other controller config options with an applet/overlay for setting them, and those are not finished yet. Been focused on other aspects of the project like BLE support lately.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    suslu22 @ suslu22: i opened