Is there a way to fix the reboot when leaving system settings?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by freeza, Mar 5, 2016.

1. freeza
    OP

freeza Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2008
    United States
    I've successfully installed a9lh and am using AuReiNAND to coldboot to sysNAND 10.6 which was swapped from emuNAND (emuNAND is now on 9.2 which was sysNAND). Exiting system settings on either emuNAND or sysNAND reboots the 3DS. Anyway to fix this now that I'm booting from sysNAND?

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    Isn't that just normal behavior?

3. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    I believe that it's normal that the 3DS reboots on exiting System Settings. However, I guess it reloads A9LH in the process and reboots to your default NAND (Which is SysNAND, I believe). So the problem should be that when you open System Settings in emuNAND, it boots back to SysNAND upon exiting.

4. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    This is a normal hard-reboot performed by System Settings app.

Same goes if you try to access Nintendo DS WiFi settings from emuNAND (Internet settings in System Settings), once you back from there it will hard-reboot to sysNAND's Internet settings (although I have PIN set on sysNAND it still kinda boot under there!)

Why I calling it hard-reboot is because in fact if N3DS SS3D is broken (ie. console not closed to fix it) in emuNAND and access such settings, when you end up on sysNAND the SS3D works correctly again.