Hacking Is there a way to fix semi brick without BHC previously installed?

leoszt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to fix my friend's wii that is semi bricked due to disc update (probably 4.3), thus I cant access config screen to confirm region and version.
It has eastern characters and has the following url on health screen: "www.nintendo.co.JP/anzen" so i'm assuming it is Japanese

The problem is that, I cant also get his MAC address to use LetterBomb and my Smash Bros disc wont help either, since it doesnt share the same region that the wii does. So, is there a way I can install HBC, and them fix this brick?

This wii has a modchip that was probably rendered useless by the update, I can access system menu and its channels, but cant load US region discs and neither the config screen. No traces of bootmii and priiloader neither.

MA QUESTION: Is there an alternate way to get MAC address?

leoszt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, it is not my Wii, so my wifi is not registered in it, so it won't appear on the list.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There used to be a way:
http://hackmii.com/2...semi-brick-fix/
http://hackmii.com/2...rick-fix-discs/

But since you're on a later System Menu it may not work - perhaps someone could make a version based on a later SM - shouldn't be too hard with NUSD and WiiScrubber

If you know what make of modchip is installed then you may be able to run an update/config disc to set it to JAP and get it functioning again

WARNING: Do some reading around the subject before you start just trying to run these discs. Bushing has included a couple of warnings that you need to take note of and understand. Also, these are 4 years old and things have changed since then (e.g. downgrading the latest Wii's below 4.0 will brick them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: