Is there a way to extract installed/Eshop titles' save data without cfw?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RosyQuartz, Oct 21, 2018.

1. RosyQuartz
    OP

RosyQuartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Philippines
    Hello! I'm trying to edit my Team Kirby Clash Deluxe save but still finding a way to extract its save data. I don't have cfw at the moment but I do have userland access to homebrew via steelhax, having the latest system firmware. I do have JKSM but it only enables me to extract save from physical games of mine. Hope anyone could help me out with this. Thankies ^_^

2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
  3. RosyQuartz
    OP

RosyQuartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Philippines
    Well, I wanted to but I'm still wary of being banned and I'm kinda waiting for the 3DS's EOL firmware update just to be sure. Yes, I know it's still far away and we might get the 3DS's successor by then but still. Also, still saving up for some games and at the moment, can't bear to make any additional purchase such as those Eshop titles one need to install cfw.

That being said, I might change my mind especially after that link you posted. If I understand it correctly, I don't have to buy any game to install cfw? If so, that is kinda amazing ^_^

Last edited by RosyQuartz, Oct 21, 2018
  4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Yes, Frogminer is completely free. No need to purchase any DSiWare.

5. RosyQuartz
    OP

RosyQuartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Philippines
    I see, I see. This is very interesting and thanks for the tip. I might try it sometime later ^_^

6. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    bans wont happen unless you cheat online or play games before there release if they leak

7. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Don't pirate games before they come out or cheat online & you're fine.
    That's what 11.8 is.