Homebrew Is There A Way To Easily Play Wii ISOs Off A USB?

AppleSnapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked up ways to do this, but I just can't seem to find something simple.

I've played classic roms on emulators, I've played GCN ISOs off a USB, but I can't seem to play Wii games.

I have USB Loader GX, so maybe I could do something with that, but is there an easier way to play Wii games off a USB?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might take a while to get set up. Even in the end, after doing everything right, it still may not work. If that is the case, you might be having issues with your flashdrive.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summary of wii modding from stock to usb loader. First time set up to loading a game: go to some sites, download some stuff, through it on an sd card, pop the sd card into your wii, load up a letter and install a homebrew channel, install a handfull of ios patches, throw some iso's onto a portable drive/flash drive with a wbfs converter, plug it into the wii, boot up usb loader of choice, select a game. Any time after: throw some more iso's onto the drive if your adding more games, load up your wii, the homebrew channel and then into the usbloader or straight into the usbloader if you installed it as a channel, or, heck, the wii can be set up to boot straight into usbloader when powered on, select a game

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your drive is FAT32, then use Wii Backup Manager on your PC to transfer the ISOs to it. It will put them in the right folders and make sure they're not too big. If they're > 4GB it will make an extra file with the rest of the data in it. Custom IOSes can read as if they were part of the first file. That way you can still run Gamecube games and homebrew from that drive.

Reactions: Sticksandstones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea