Is there a way to download without the download getting intterupted?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by RemixDeluxe, Dec 11, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I am doing a FTP download and every time I am halfway through there is some small problem that makes me have to start over. Is there a program I can use to continue a download if it were to lose connection for a moment?

2. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I don't know a lot about the recent download managers, but historically I've always used Flashget (v1.74 iirc, the newest one is a bit bloated?)
    others will probably tell you better options, I don't know whats the reference these days.

3. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    I use Jdowloader, always works.

4. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    IDM (Internet Download Manager) 5.1x all the way. Works nicely on servers that are too far away by opening more connection slots, also if possible it let's you resume downloads if supported.
    (i.e mediafire servers)

pro and cons: eat all your bandwidth

5. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    I prefer jdownloader [considered the best in pirate circles :ninja: ] it is a smart download program as you can copy a mass of links [even with text] it will recognize them and check if they are online or offline, what's unique about it is that it auto enters basic captcha codes [4 letter ones] or has a pop up where you type the captcha code [if you get it wrong another will pop-up], it can check for updates so there's no need to go to other sites, sort links to groups of related files, and will even extract rar's once there all downloaded.
    flashget [or flashgot] is ok but has preatty much been broken for a while [atleast for me] and is very basic and bulky when compared to jdownloader

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I've used all of the above at some point in the past. Jdownloader is the best for direct download links, and IDM is the best at FTP downloads. I prefer jD though.

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I do have Jdownloader but I thought it doesnt work with FTP downloading. If im wrong could you explain to me how to do it?