Hacking Is there a way to downgrade to 9.2 or use gateway without a flashcart on a 2DS XL?

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, dont get mad that I asked this, because I know that downgrading below 11.4 can hard brick it.
But is there a chance it COULD downgrade below 11.4 or just put gateway on it without a flashcart? I dont want to piracy, I just want to see how much I can mod the plastic system
The 2DS has Luma 9.1, Gm9, b9s, and homebrew. Thanks.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FORGET THE OLD POST, I DIDN'T READ PROPERLY.

Gateway is obsolete right now in favor of CFW.
Also, Gateway CFW would not work without the cardtridge, and settin' up a Gateway is harder than installing CFW.
And also, downgrading a New 2DS XL would most likely end on a brick, because the N2DSXL wasn't build with the v9.2 firmware version in mind.

Last edited by E1ite007,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's literally no reason to use a Gateway anymore. It's been dead for years now, most of the features (minus 3DS ROM) have been ported to Luma3DS, and the setup process is just a mess nowadays. Also there is no way to make the Gateway CFW work without the cart

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FORGET THE OLD POST, I DIDN'T READ PROPERLY.

Gateway is obsolete right now in favor of CFW.
Also, Gateway CFW would not work without the cardtridge, and settin' up a Gateway is harder than installing CFW.
And also, downgrading a New 2DS XL would most likely end on a brick, because the N2DSXL wasn't build with the v9.2 firmware version in mind.
Ok I wont use gateway :D plus do you mean i could possibly downgrade?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if I were to try to 9.2, If I did it on emunand and it got bricked, could I not just restore it through a backup? Or is it hard bricked?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And if I were to try to 9.2, If I did it on emunand and it got bricked, could I not just restore it through a backup? Or is it hard bricked?
Take it from someone who has messed around with downgrading, EmuNAND, CTRTransfer, region changing, franken firmware, non-authorized System Transfer, and even deleting the 3DS firmware entirely off the SysNAND CTRNAND, TWLN, and TWLP.

You do not want to go down this path if you're not ready to accept losing your 3DS due to curiosity, stupidity, or foolishness in not letting go of the Gateway flashcart due to sunk cost fallacy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality