ROM Hack Is there a way to delete pokemon sun and moon's secure value without CFW?

Samsonb79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently I've made some bad mistakes and got my save locked out of my pokemon moon game because the secure value doesn't match. I hear that the way to bypass this is to simply delete the secure value of your save file, but the problem with that is most of the methods to do it involve using programs that require a CFW enabled 3ds to install, which after the 11.3 update is no longer possible. Is it possible to bypass this problem with just homebrew? or if not find some other way to bypass it?

Last edited by Samsonb79,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you mess up the secure value in the first place?

Does JK save manager work for pokemon from hombrew? That should automatically deal with the secure value.

Samsonb79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So recently I've made some bad mistakes and got my save locked out of my pokemon moon game because the secure value doesn't match. I hear that the way to bypass this is to simply delete the secure value of your save file, but the problem with that is most of the methods to do it involve using programs that require a CFW enabled 3ds to install, which after the 11.3 update is no longer possible. Is it possible to bypass this problem with just homebrew? or if not find some other way to bypass it?
I believe exporting the save with JKSM, then reimporting it, should fix the issue.
If not, export the save with JKSM, make a new one (so you have a valid save) then reimport it, as JKSM might use the secure value from the existing save on the system when you import a new one.

Samsonb79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I fixed the issue, it just turns out the basic save manager I was using didn't have any checks against this kind of thing. I switched to JKSM and it works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c