Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm baffled how the only game that does not have the feature of transferring memory from a wii to an sd card and to another wii is the only game that really needs it. The other day i was hosting a brawl tournament and the only wii that had all the unlockables was my wii and there was no way to transfer the data, it was really frustrating.So being as though were all hackers here, is there a way to crack the code or something of the like to make the save files transferable?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
There is a save file floating around the net that unlocks everything ...
rly? Can you give me the link? And how did they get the save file on an sd card? Can i do that with my current file?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Your google-fu is weak.

Seeing as both Datel And Nintendo don't want Brawl Saves floating around, I'm not going to link to it.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Your google-fu is weak.

Seeing as both Datel And Nintendo don't want Brawl Saves floating around, I'm not going to link to it.

Just out of curiosity, why would datel care?

And although nintendo might not like it, i doubt it would be illegal to share a save file... would it?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The save is locked to the console. Datel hacked it out, and distributed their 100% complete version through their "power saves" system. You have to pay for their product, so if people go around posting Datel's saves, no one buys their product, and they get angry.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
The save is locked to the console. Datel hacked it out, and distributed their 100% complete version through their "power saves" system. You have to pay for their product, so if people go around posting Datel's saves, no one buys their product, and they get angry.

but it sounds like what datel did is not really legal because nintendo doesn't want them doing that. so in turn why should the law protect their illegal activities?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The games that I can't copy my save file make me mad. It's my save file, and I should be able to transfer it to my sister's console when I go home for the weekend so I don't have to bring my system with me. Or heaven forbid I want to back up my save. Or my sister want to copy her Raving Rabbids 2 save file to her console when she bought one.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-x1_0_nt- said:
Why are you not allowed to copy certain saves?

You can't exactly do anything special with them.

Nintendo locks saves for all Wifi enabled games if I recall correctly.
And since Brawl is a Nintendo Wifi enabled game, it has a locked save.
At least that's what I've been told.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
nando said:
arctic_flame said:

but it sounds like what datel did is not really legal because nintendo doesn't want them doing that. so in turn why should the law protect their illegal activities?

Datel haven't done anything illegal.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
nando said:
arctic_flame said:

Datel haven't done anything illegal.

hacking original nintendo software doesn't break nintendo's user agreement?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats going to stop someone from taking a SSBB saved game, hack it to hell, and have an amazing (cheat-edly created.... wait... is cheatedly a word?... it is now) team, and kick ass the whole way through?

They're trying to preserve wifi play (same reasons as to not have an AR for the wii yet).

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
Whats going to stop someone from taking a SSBB saved game, hack it to hell, and have an amazing (cheat-edly created.... wait... is cheatedly a word?... it is now) team, and kick ass the whole way through?

They're trying to preserve wifi play (same reasons as to not have an AR for the wii yet).

The reason there's no AR is that there is no commercially exploitable, future proof, easy, exploit.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
WildWon said:

The reason there's no AR is that there is no commercially exploitable, future proof, easy, exploit.

Fair enough.
tongue.gif

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I hear though, if you use the cracked saved file it erases your Wifi information. You will end up getting a new friend code, erasing all your friends.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:

...how is a save file that unlocks everything gonna allow you to win more games online? "Oh look I got a save file that unlocks all of the trophies that do nothing at all and the stickers that only work on subspace emissinary mode!"

Seriously, bad argument.

Now if you used that argument for say...Pokemon Battle Revolution, then I can understand. But then again, aren't Slot-1 flash carts linkable to the Wii? And aren't those Pokemon saves already hackable?

So IOW, there's no point in Nintendo being a dick and locking up save files. Besides, anybody that needs to cheat to beat other people in video games needs to get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey