Is there a way to convert game saves to other region types?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RemixDeluxe, Feb 27, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have a game save of Mario Sports Mix that is from PAL and I would like for it to be converted to NTSC to work on my american copy of Mario Sports Mix. Is there some sort of converter that can do this for me?

2. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Use save game manager gx. Search the forums; I've made several posts on how to region convert. Extract a NTSC save and a PAL save for your game. Copy everything from your PAL save to your NTSC save EXCEPT banner.bin. Install the new save for the NTSC version with SGM GX. It may work, or it may have protections built-in to the save file to stop you from modifying this. (See SSB Brawl and Kirby's Epic Yarn for other games with this protection).

3. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Most savegames can be converted with just extracting the savegame using wanky's savegame extractor and changing the folder name. Although a lot of newer games require hex editting.

For example. Animal Crossing. You can have a savegame for the USA region of the game and easily swap it over to run for the PAL version of the game by first havng savegames for both regions of the game. Then you need to extract both using wanky's savegame manager (or other equivalent) and know which one is the one you want to convert and just copy it's files from it's created folder into the destined savegames folder and then use wanky's savegame manager again to install your savegame back into the wii for the different regions game. But newer games this does not work with so easily and hex editting is required.

I'm sure my run on sentence created some confusion, but try to follow.

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Punctuation not a strong point huh? lol never tried this personally but that sounds like a very easy task..

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    No, and neither is my tolerance for smart asses. [​IMG]
    j/k