Hacking Is there a way to convert a EUR cia to a JPN cia?

TheIronFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, sorry for the odd and weird questions. I have yet another one, I was just wondering if it's possible or not. I want to create a jpn cia file from a cia that I made from my AUS copy of pokemon omega ruby I was just wondering if that was at all possible and how I would go about that - what programs, steps etc would I need?

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all sure but deff curious as to why. If you have the Japanese .cia of the game you can transfer your save data over via JKSM app if that's what your wanting in part to do.

TheIronFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not at all sure but deff curious as to why. If you have the Japanese .cia of the game you can transfer your save data over via JKSM app if that's what your wanting in part to do.

So in a nutshell, I have 2 3ds's and both have arm9loaderhax installed on them. One of them I managed to region change to japanese and I would love to be able to have a jap version of pokemon to go online with that console. I mean, a9lh is region free so theres no issue actually playing the game on the console but I'd like a jap version so I can update, go online and maybe redeem some events over wifi later on (if that makes sense)

D

Deleted User

It should work even if you don't have it region changed, Pokemon games are region-free CIAs.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will an app even update on a region changed 3DS? I know it can't go on the eShop without specific changes, figured you would have to update through other CIAs. Curious to know for sure as I have a JPN N3DS coming that is region changed to US.

D

Deleted User

Will an app even update on a region changed 3DS? I know it can't go on the eShop without specific changes, figured you would have to update through other CIAs. Curious to know for sure as I have a JPN N3DS coming that is region changed to US.
You would have to download the update data and install it with FBI or some other similar CIA installing program.

Reactions: alpha_noj

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to download the update data and install it with FBI or some other similar CIA installing program.
That's what I figured. As for TC, the CIA is region free anyway so you could just choose Japanese in the beginning, but I think it's permanent unless you wipe the CIA.

D

Deleted User

That's what I figured. As for TC, the CIA is region free anyway so you could just choose Japanese in the beginning, but I think it's permanent unless you wipe the CIA.
There's probably some value you can edit in the save that lets you change the language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1