Is there a way to control my PSP with a keyboard or controller? I'm new to PSP mods.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by coldchemical, Apr 10, 2013.

1. coldchemical
    OP

Newcomer coldchemical Newbie

United States
    A few years ago I picked up a phat PSP1000 so that I could play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and it worked great for awhile. Over time the analog nub has become useless, and a sheared screw in the back prevents me from disassembling the case to fix it. Unfortunately Birth by Sleep doesn't play nice with emulators. I've never messed with homebrew or custom firmware before, but I understand that it may allow me to control my PSP using an external device such as a keyboard or controller. I've googled until my head felt ready to explode, so now I'm asking the questions myself. Any help for a poor lost soul in desperate need of answers?

My current firmware (official) is version 6.39

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Foxi4 likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Like Rydian said you can use RemoteJoyLite.
    It should technically be possible to send controls over Wifi using a plugin, but such a plugin doesn't exist (yet)
    If you don't mind having a USB cable connected to the PSP, then RemoteJoyLite is a good option. A plus side is that you can play on the PC screen instead of looking at the small PSP screen from a distance while controlling it with a keyboard/USB controller.

4. coldchemical
    OP

United States
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Pretty much yeah.

6. coldchemical
    OP

United States
    Everything is working great! ...with one small hitch. The RemoteJoyLite window works perfectly fine when the PSP is in the XMB menu, but when I launch a game the image freezes and I'm left with a message in the top left that says "WaveIn Error1 (0x00000002)". I can still use the keyboard to control the PSP. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate you helping me; it's really made my week :)