Question Is there a way to check firmware version of my switch dump

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Bertimo, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Bertimo
    OP

Bertimo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I'm really enjoying the current switch homebrew scene and am quite happily keeping my switch in offline mode. However, I wanted to go online at some point and I have heard that Nintendo has some tricky telemetry information that can ban your switch/account or whatever even if I have removed all the homebrew/games that I have been playing with. Before I did anything on my switch I followed instructions to make a NAND backup of my console using Hekete and that is safely stored away.

My question is, I may have accidentally updated when I added exFAT support to my switch and I wanted to check my old NAND dumps firmware version so that I can determine if I have the correct fuses to then reinstall from my backup as I assume there are some large issues if I update with the wrong FW version. Is there any way to analyse my dumps to determine what FW version they have to see if it would be safe to use them to wipe my switch free of any wrongdoings?

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else, I did have a look around and couldn't find anything. if it has, could you point me in the correct direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  3. Bertimo
    OP

Bertimo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks so much, just what I was looking for!