is there a way to change the Save log name so that...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by takun32, May 2, 2011.

1. takun32
    OP

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I can save multiple saves?

For example insteaf of having 3 saves in new super mario bros. I have created a back up copy and changed the save ID so that when I load up the backup copy through hard drive, it loads up the backup save file instead of the Disc save file. And when I load in the CD rom, it loads the CD rom save data instead of the backup save data, allowing me to have 3 more save slots with a total of 6 in total.

Is there a way? I tried changing the ID code for the game, but I saw that it didnt make any difference.

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    You need to change the id in the ticket and tmd I believe, not just the header. You can use wit "wit edit game.iso id=bla bla bla" this should do the trick I think. You could also extract the partition.bin with wiiscruber and edit it with the partition.bin changer, change the title id, sign it, save it, then replace it with wiiscubber. Both methods would do the same thing.

3. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think that would work. The game reads the save data, without looking at it's own title. Some games even read more than one save data like NMH2.

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    It has worked for me to get multiple region savegame exploits to install without having multilple regions of the game. Simply changing the title in the header, ticket, tmd to what you what makes lego games install a matching titled save file. Possibly it won't work for all games, but probably will work for most.

5. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The game was written without any knowledge of what its title ID would be once released, it just knows to ask IOS to allow it access to its own data, and IOS handles the rest, so there's no way the title ID is hardcoded into the game's save/load code. However, you'll need to do more than just modifying the first 6 bytes of the .iso. I'm not even sure what that particular header is used for, but it is definitely not what is used for determining the save slot. I remember when using the GHOST for GH3 customs that many lazy wbfs managers use the first 6 bytes of the .iso to get the title ID, but that it didn't affect the save location, but there WAS an option to change the title ID that DID redirect the save file (so that I had a separate save for my customs scores vs. the normal game) so it's definitely possible, since I have personally done it and can vouch that it works (but it was the GHOST that did the work, I didn't do it manually, so I don't know what the GHOST modified to make it happen...). Try modifying the ID in the TMD and ticket. Also if, as your thread title seems to suggest, you want to change the text shown in the log, as well as when hovering over the save itself in the save management screen, so you can tell the difference between the two saves, that is handled by banner.bin. The easiest way I can think to modify that is to rename banner.bin to 00000000.app and pack it into a dummy .wad (doesn't matter what the .wad is as long as it would normally have a banner, i.e. NOT an IOS wad) and edit the displayed title in ShowMiiWADs, then save the result, unpack the modified .wad, and rename 00000000.app back to banner.bin and replace it in the .iso.