is there a way to change a wii iso file to...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DJPlace, Feb 10, 2010.

Feb 10, 2010
  1. DJPlace
    OP

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    cause i don't have a pal tv and i want to know if there's a tool for that... please let me know ty.

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I am going to assume this is not the answer you are looking for, but use a loader.

I don't know of an app that will change to iso's default video output, but it would probably require a trucha patched ios. With that said, what would the point be when a loader will usually work.

Not sure if region changing the iso would have that effect or not. I don't really think so, but it could.

3. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    pal on nstc is a big no no, but nstc on pal is a-okay, you should know that they charge heaps more for the pal version of wii games

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    With region free patches in preloader you are able to play import games at all. It should be possible to set it to use wii or disc video mode, but i don't know what it is called there. Wii video mode would be NTSC for you of course, which would play everything in color WHEN it works. Disc video mode plays all games, but will be in black&white for PAL games for people with (their bad)NTSC tvs.

There are region changing programs for discs that change the region of the disc to the one you want. You get the very same result as with forcing NTSC on the game with it. That's what all these region changers do. But there's at least one that also allows to patch the video modes or does it automatically, i forgot its name. You can also patch video modes manually with Generic Wii Patcher, but it's a bit complicated.

With patched video modes, you can play about half of the games with correct colors that freeze with a green screen if you try just forcing NTSC on them. To test if video mode patches will work on a certain game, you can try them out with NeoGamma before burning or whatever.