Is there a way to bypass browser Update NAG on 11.0.0-33?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Angelo Spagnol, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Angelo Spagnol
    OP

Angelo Spagnol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Brazil
    Brasília, Brazil
    I have some unopened NEW 3DSXL wich i know is in version 11.0.0-33. Since it's browser hasn't been started yet, is there a way to PREVENT it from receiving that update NAG? I've unpacked a brand new 3ds, and tried the antique metod of this tread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-browserhax-update-message.401280/ but it hasn't blocked the update message. Is there an alternative metod? I want to do this to acess HBL and use ctr-httpwn.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    AFAIK, with 11.1 being a thing, there's no way to block it.

3. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Use a secondary exploit, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no way past the update nag on 11.0

4. Angelo Spagnol
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Brazil
    Brasília, Brazil
    TY but The secondary exploit working at the moment is OOT3DHAX, i dont have this cartridge, and AFAIK it wont work with Sky3DS, wich i own.

I wonder HOW the system know there is a update... i understand that after the NAG is set i can't overcome it, but even BEFORE it know there is a update? I don't get it...

5. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    I have no idea tbh. Maybe someone else with more knowledge about that than me can help you answer that.

6. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Set your DNS to block Ninty servers:

Don't know if it blocks the NAG (maybe it calls a diferente server) but it's worth trying

Last edited by cravas, Sep 14, 2016
  7. Tentacles

Tentacles Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    Not working for me :(. Even tried making my own dns and blocking listed Nintendo domains which also didn't work.

8. Redirr

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Why wont work with sky3ds ?
    I use oot3dhax with my sky3ds.

9. Angelo Spagnol
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Brazil
    Brasília, Brazil
    Man! After reading what you said i tought! I'm doing something wrong... Well, i WAS doing something wrong. Instead of clicking A after the game loads i was clicking on the bottom screen, on items, that was making the game crash