Is there a way to boot ThemeHax with linked NANDs?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ShadowOne333, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    And if so... How can it be done?
    I really want to avoid unlinking my NANDs.
    I don't like having a shit-ton of numbered folders for each NAND that's been formatted.

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Doesn't the issue (emuNAND crashing) only occur if you're attempting to autoboot?

If you use the regular version (hold L to boot cfw/hbl) it should work fine, right? At least I hope this is the case, I'm yet to set mine up and my NANDs are also linked.

3. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    it still used the payload on A other homemenu version, which will let it crash. It could be possible to get it work if you set if theme shuffling on emunand and a normal theme on sysnand, but the installer have to be modified for this. But I haven't got it work yesterday, maybe I will have more luck today.

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    You can have linked nands but it depends on which you choose. The normal themehax where you hold L trigger to launch or the stevice build where you don't hold any buttons.

So for example I was using the stevice build. So with autoboot with rxtools, once you see the top rxtool splash screen (lasts less than a second) you would hold ANY button to go into emunand. The reason for holding a button is that that build says if a button is pressed than load the home menu in this case emunand.

If you don't hold a button after the rxtools splash screen then it will reload the payload which will then freeze.

5. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    For me it crashes every time I try to boot the emunand with the normal L Press payload.(9.0.0 Sys, 9.5.0 Emu)
    This is why I try to use the theme shuffe workaround.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Alex3dss

Alex3dss I like sharing Japanese music

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    I guess it doesnt work with linked nands.
    Sorry but if you want this to work you have to unlink the nands and it will work.

7. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Can someone please explain what is that Theme Shuffle for linked NANDs?