Hacking Is there a way to back up my Golden Sun: DD save file?

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about backing up the save file from the legit retail card, of course. I'm borrowing the real game from a friend, but I'd like to save a copy of my save file when I'm done... Is there any way to do that?

Right now, I only have an old DSTT for my DS Lite, but I may get a Supercard DSTWO soon. I was thinking about getting an EZ Flash 3-in-1, but I'd rather save the $20... Unless it's the only way I can make a backup of my save file?

I also have an Action Replay MAX DUO, by the way... I think it has a backup/restore feature, but I heard it doesn't work on some games?

Thanks in advance for any info or advice!

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Is the "NDS backup 3in1" tool hardware or software, though? I guess I can just look it up... Unless you have a link?

I take it that I can't back up my save with my DSTT or AR MAX DUO...?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
First one is a homebrew app you run from slot1. You will need a 3in1 to use this.
If you got a 3in1+ (v3): http://filetrip.net/f9407-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-0-31a.html
If you got a 3in1 (v1 or v2): http://filetrip.net/f2486-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-0-31.html

You shouldn't have a problem with running it on a DSTT, you still need a 3in1 to use. Wood dumper should work too.

The other one is an actual usb cart reader. I bought mine here:
http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NINTENDO_DSi_...dapter_Plus.htm

Any of these will dump the save you need. If you use an AR anything, you will need to convert the save file format.

IMG_150538b.jpg

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use an AR anything, you will need to convert the save file format.

Would you please tell me more about this, or link me to a guide? I'd like to get this save file dumped ASAP, so if my AR MAX DUO will do the job, I'd prefer to use it. I just need to know how to convert the save file, right?

(thanks for the info on the EZ Flash 3-in-1 - I do plan to get one eventually. Is the EZ Flash V you posted a picture of the same as the 3-in-1? And what's the difference between the regular 3-in-1 and the 3-in-1 plus?)

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it doesn't look like my AR MAX DUO can rip Golden Sun: DD save files properly. I saved the file to the device, copied to my PC, sent the save to my DSTT, and... It doesn't work. I only get the "initializing" message every time, along with empty save files.

I tried naming it both "Golden Sun - Dark Dawn (U)" and "Golden Sun - Dark Dawn (U).sav", but neither worked, so I suspect the save file is just too complex for my AR MAX DUO to rip correctly. :/

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Action Replay DS, but it does not have the ability to read/write save files, that I know of...

If it can somehow, please let me know.
smile.gif

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Smash Br0 said:
I also have an Action Replay MAX DUO, by the way... I think it has a backup/restore feature, but I heard it doesn't work on some games?

Thanks in advance for any info or advice!
probably it should work,
i tested a dragon quest IX retail cart and it works.
as in this pic:
maxduo.jpg
won't work on pokemon soul silver though,you need a NDS adaptor plus.
btw,action replay max duo save output is in .DST format.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get my AR MAX DUO to rip the GS: DD save properly. After it would say "Checking EEPROM...", the connection to the PC would drop.

It's not a big deal...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte