Is there a way to add a GC save from SD to Memory Card?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RemixDeluxe, Aug 16, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I got a .gci file of a game I want and I dont know if such a program exist so that I may inject it into the memory card.

1 person likes this.
  2. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I tried using the app called "Gamecube Saver." I followed the readme exactly and it never seems to work for me so is there other apps I can try?

3. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    There's a few applications out there that allow you to transfer .gci files from a SD card to the wii. The first I highly recommend is GCMM and if that don't work than try Gamecube Saver. Gamecube Saver crashes after restoring the file but it works(from what I've read) while GCMM will probably work right away without the crashes so choose it as a last resort only.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gamecube_Saver

*EDIT* Oh I see you tried it already. From what I've read it can be picky on what memory cards you can use. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I think it had a higher success rate with unofficial cards but then again I never got it to work and was way too scared to try it any further. Anyways try GCMM and see if that works.

*EDIT ONCE MORE*
    Forgot to mention GCMM supports third party memory cards only. I don't think there's any other programs out there that support first party.

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Dam all I got are official Nintendo memory cards. I guess Ill just go visit my friend tomorrow and borrow one of his temporarily so I can just transfer the save to an official card. Ill try this tomorrow with a 3rd party memory card and report back.

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Alright I used a Nyko memory card and I got my saves successfully. There is one game in particular that is giving me a hard time. Is F-Zero GX problematic for some people? Everytime I get a loaded save to run it says its corrupted.

6. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Is F-Zero GX not possible to copy over from SD to Memory card?

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
  8. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    It might be because of the app you used. If GCMM don't work then try Gamecube Saver BUUUUT it could also be some other issue like an incorrect copy or something. The gc save apps were always fickly when it came to copying files. Also some gamecube saves prevent copying and even if you bypass that(using an app or something) it can still mess up. I remember trying this with Phantasy Star Online and Action Replay and having horrible luck. Try recopying the file, use a different app, or try another memory card. There's sadly not much else you can do [​IMG]

9. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Could you recommend a place to download .gci files? I got mine at GameFAQs

10. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    The likely reason your F-Zero save didn't work is that it is copy-protected in some way. It may check if the size of the original memory card (say, 1019 blocks) matches with the card the save is on (say, 251 blocks), and if the size doesn't match, it could refuse to load. This is just one example. It could be anything.

11. Bent

Member Bent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think F-Zero GX has a copy protected save. You can force a copy using various tools, and can even restore it onto the same memory card, but if I remember correctly, it is locked to the memory card serial number, so if you use a different card or you format the same card, it will not work.

12. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you have a USB gecko and a readable disc drive it is possible.