Is there a way to access PSN from ofw 3.56?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bryon15, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011
  1. Bryon15
    OP

Member Bryon15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi. I'm new to the PS3 hacking scene. I have a 60GB PS3 with ofw 3.56. It's not hacked or anything. I just tried signing into the PSN to download jill & shuma-gorath for MvC3 but I couldn't because ofw 3.60 is required. Now I know better then to update if I'm going to hack my PS3. So at this stage what are my options? Is there a cfw for 3.56? And what about signing into the PSN without having to update to the latest ofw? Please help.

2. leeagt

Newcomer leeagt Member

United Kingdom
    you would be aswell updating to 3.60 mate. There is no way to hack 3.56

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    3.56 is not hacked yet, so sit there til someone does.
    In the meantime, keep up with this site:
    http://www.ps3hax.net

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Don't upgrade. 3.56 has more possibilities of a CFW.

5. Bryon15
    OP

Member Bryon15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay I won't update. But in the meantime is there anyway to access the PSN?

6. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

No, there isn't.

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    From everything I've heard, there's very little chance that someone will ever release a 3.56 CFW. There's just no benefit compared to 3.55. 3.60 CFW is more likely because newer cames will use 3.6X SDKs so there will actually be some reward to trying to hack it.

My advice is update to 3.60 and enjoy PSN for the time being. When 3.61 comes out, that's when you should hang back and check for any news on the hacking scene.
    EDIT: Also, it doesn't make much sense to hang around 3.56 anyway. You get neither CFW nor PSN, so you're limited to the games you own.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Well, in my experience, after every Firmware update Sony allow access to PSN to every firmware version.
    It last around 10-15 days after the update, maybe it's still available since 3.60 is recent, but it WILL be patched soon or later.

All you need is a way to bypass the firmware update verification by using a Proxy on your computer which will redirect and serve the information of "no new firmware available" and the PS3 won't ask you to update and continue to PSN access.
    If you don't want to set a proxy, you can still set the usual proxy's IP into your DNS.

Remember that it's only a temporary access. It will be patched (if not already done) and you won't have access to PSN without a cfw or updating to latest ofw.

Edit :
    here is the tutorial for DNS trick, and the help to create a fake update file :
    http://gbatemp.net/t277770-aaron-s-dns-tri...meaw-s-cfw-3-55

9. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

It doesn't work. I'm on OFW 3.55 and when I try to connect to PSN, it tells me to update. Then, if I press Yes, it tells me that no update is available.