1. Kngihtstorm15

OP Kngihtstorm15 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello everyone.
    I know that playing online in cfw switch increases the chances of being banned, that's why I keep my sysnand clean and my emuMMC all the time Offline.
    However, I wanted to know if it is possible to play cfw switch games online in emuMMC mode? I have heard that one can play these games using LAN mode but I don't even know what that means.
    Can someone enlighten me please?

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can try but there is always the chance they give you the ban, only legal way is the NAND is clean.

Kngihtstorm15 likes this.
  3. nightweb

nightweb GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Not Sure exactly what your asking but if your asking about Lan Play however this helps enlighten you. Using Nintendo's servers online is risky as depending on your switch and setup the risk can increase, however using Switch Lan Play there is apparently no risk as your not using Nintendo's server for connection but it doesn't work for all games and requires a PC too. The setup depends on the CFW your using. If using something like atmosphere I hear using Lan play along with blocking Nintendo's servers with something 90DNS works well, with SX OS there's a built in option called Stealth mode which is said to block access to all Nintendo servers also.

4. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

You can play legit bought games online in cfw emunand I have done for many years without any problems. You can’t use piracy nsp online it won’t connect to Nintendo servers it will show a Nintendo error code and you will receive a ban roughly within a month. xci backups will not connect online the game will just freeze.

Edit: I use sxos emunand but I assume you will be as safe using Atmosphere emunand.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 18, 2020
  6. Kngihtstorm15

OP Kngihtstorm15 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for the answers guys. I will post other questions if I have any.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - online, emuMMC, Switch