Is there a way of playing N64 games on wii WITH cheat codes? (Ocarina?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sam.walker22, Jun 21, 2013.

1. sam.walker22
    OP

sam.walker22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Manchester, United Kingdom
    I'm wanting to know if there is a way of playing N64 games on wii using an emulator and also being able to use ocarina/action replay cheat codes at the same time?

2. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I just use dolpin on my pc......this actually makes me want to look into it though.

3. sam.walker22
    OP

sam.walker22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Manchester, United Kingdom
    I figured it out, for the game I wanted anyways. If the games available as a virtual console game (mine was - ocarina of time) then download the wad for it and install with wad manager. Then install accio hacks from the homebrew channel and use that to download all the cheats for your game. Then download gecko os from the homebrew channel and select launch channel, choose your game and it will load with your cheats enabled. If you don't have the option to 'launch channel' and only have 'launch game' then you havent got ios36 installed/patched. You can do that by downloading 'multi mod manager' and putting it in the apps folder on your sd card. Also make sure you download 'IOS36-64-v3608.wad' and put it in the route of your sd card. Then load multi mod manager from the homebrew channel and following the instructions for installing/patching ios36. Once thats done you'll be able to launch channels from gecko os.

4. allanj87

allanj87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    I just download n64 roms with trainers on them its 100000x easier than trying to mess with gecko/wiird im sure there is even a program out that will integrate trainers onto a clean rom (might be for Snes and not n64 cant quite remember) before i figured out about trainers i used to do all my cheating on project64 and then transfer the save files over

5. sam.walker22
    This message by sam.walker22 has been removed from public view by tj_cool, Jun 25, 2013, Reason: Don't ask for ROMs.
    Jun 24, 2013
  6. allanj87

allanj87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    i tend to just google said game name with either t1, t2 or t3 at the end and usally get decent results

There is also a tutorial here for hardcoding gameshark codes onto rom files(Making your own trainers)
    http://n64dev.50megs.com/trainer.html

7. B.B.Link

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    United States
    Colorado
    How did you get trainers to work on emulators? When I find roms with trainers, they either freeze, or don't work.

8. allanj87

allanj87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    maybe you just have a bad rom dump? i had to try a few diffrent versions of perfect dark before i could get everything i wanted working :(