Gaming is there a way i can get the smash 4 update for my n3ds gateway classic mode without store access?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have my N3ds with a SYSnand of 9.0 and i have the emunand at the same 9.0.
but i have been playing smash bros cartridge on my O3ds which was on the latest emunand 9.5 (at the time)
now traded in my O3ds for a N3ds and now i cant play smash bros 4 on my gateway classic mode (emunand) because i dont have the latest smash bros 4 update anymore.
i cant just copy/paste right? because of title id's and what not.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i have my N3ds with a SYSnand of 9.0 and i have the emunand at the same 9.0.
but i have been playing smash bros cartridge on my O3ds which was on the latest emunand 9.5 (at the time)
now traded in my O3ds for a N3ds and now i cant play smash bros 4 on my gateway classic mode (emunand) because i dont have the latest smash bros 4 update anymore.
i cant just copy/paste right? because of title id's and what not.

I think you can install the update on emuNAND and the cartridge should pick it up in Classic, although don't count me on that.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can install the update on emuNAND and the cartridge should pick it up in Classic, although don't count me on that.

it would but i cant get to the store, i tried installing the update in the form of a .cia in gateway mode but when i reboot to classic mode it does not detect the update due to the keys i believe?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Install CIA of the update... Has to match the region of your cart.

Looking back at my post, in which I suggested the same thing, is not the way for this. Smash and Pokemon seem to 'sign' the updates, so theyre console unique, installing any other update will result in the game not picking it up (if via retail cart).

xdarkmario You theoretically have 2 options:
A) Wait for GW to support 9.6 emuNAND, grab update from eShop before the new update comes from Nintendo
B) Dump/Download Smash as a rom, dump your save, play via emuNAND with update installed.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking back at my post, in which I suggested the same thing, is not the way for this. Smash and Pokemon seem to 'sign' the updates, so theyre console unique, installing any other update will result in the game not picking it up (if via retail cart).

xdarkmario You theoretically have 2 options:
A) Wait for GW to support 9.6 emuNAND, grab update from eShop before the new update comes from Nintendo
B) Dump/Download Smash as a rom, dump your save, play via emuNAND with update installed.

damn, looking pretty limited, i cant wait until gateway throws support for 9.6+
if i dump my smash bros cart i wont i cant bring its save data seeing how its retail (still investigating ability to convert retail save to gateway save)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the retail save to gateway save would just work since the encryption is the same (I think?)
It doesn't hurt to try though, if it doesn't work then you can just delete the rom.
And make sure the save is named 00040000000EDF00.sav

Also, try reading up on this

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, looking pretty limited, i cant wait until gateway throws support for 9.6+
if i dump my smash bros cart i wont i cant bring its save data seeing how its retail (still investigating ability to convert retail save to gateway save)

Even if you can transfer the save, it doesn't change the fact it was saved for a newer version than your emuNAND can handle. You'll be in the same boat of an incompatible save until you can download from eShop. I would try a CIA though, if they are signed to the console then why would people even bother offering them for download?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you have a previous version of the update, just use FunkyCIA to get the update, it will be the latest version.
because you already have a legit ticket it will work in classic mode.
it's the easiest and best solution.

unless you can be sure the update cia was made properly and has the real title key (always the case with FunkyCIA) - then don't install updates you find online, because you will not be able to download a newer version from the eshop. (i think this is the case even if you delete the update from data management, although that might fix it, i'm not sure)

I would try a CIA though, if they are signed to the console then why would people even bother offering them for download?

they are signed to a specific console, but people 'bother' because part of the package of enabling piracy, gw patch signature checks...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well on my old 3ds XL SD card is the latest update 1.0.5
can i bring that to my N3ds?

and im reading the FunkyCIA now, but you cant install a cia to the classic mode.
sure, install it in whatever mode you want, and it will play in classic mode. this is if you have a previous update, legitly from eshop, on your n3ds

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well i read the instructions and it said it needed to extract some ticket from my system/emunand with a launcher.dat loaded

ok, you should have read more, that is only for 4.5 -- anyway, just use rxtools to get your tickets.

-- ah you can't do it, you are on n3ds. just make sure you read the OP for things :)
use decrypt9 via cubic ninja to get access to your nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: