Hacking Question Is there a way for nintendo to detect hidden sx os emunand without sd card inserted?

Xilith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was thinking if the sx os emunand modifies something in the nand than can be seen even if there's no micro sd inside, there will be a way to detect it?

Reactions: Shadow#1

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Forever offline = Ban, don't know why you hope that nintendo detects emunand, it really gets you mad? xD
I understand what he means, no one wants a hacked system accessible to online features it can be completely ruined for genuine users that want an online free gaming zone without having to worry about hacks etc.. also accounts on eshop kept safe that can be hacked all sorts of dodgy reasons why.

Xilith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I understand what he means, no one wants a hacked system accessible to online features it can be completely ruined for genuine users that want an online free gaming zone without having to worry about hacks etc.. also accounts on eshop kept safe that can be hacked all sorts of dodgy reasons why.
I'm talking about emunand, so the sysnand is clean for online, so the hacks will be only offline in emunand, that's what i mean, obvious that if you use a cfw for online with a switch you're asking for a ban.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in for a definite answer to this too ... I'd love to have access to some homebrew, maybe certain 'backups' ... but not at the expense of being 'banned' from online, and not at the expense of online cheats being possible for the scumbags. Leads to total ruin.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Noone has been banned using emunand even stored as a file, and nintendo isn’t going to start an illegal process of rummaging through peoples sd card contents for an emunand. If you use emanund correctly you dont get banned(its that simple), you want to be even more safe then install incognito on your emunand. Aslong as you can’t connect to nintendos servers their are no bans. Weather nintendo can or cannot detect is pretty irrelevant, as noone knows. Most likely answer is, could they? Yes. Legally? No.

Xilith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noone has been banned using emunand even stored as a file, and nintendo isn’t going to start an illegal process of rummaging through peoples sd card contents for an emunand. If you use emanund correctly you dont get banned(its that simple), you want to be even more safe then install incognito on your emunand. Aslong as you can’t connect to nintendos servers their are no bans. Weather nintendo can or cannot detect is pretty irrelevant, as noone knows. Most likely answer is, could they? Yes. Legally? No.
Yes, but i was thinking if it changes something inside the sysnand (like boot 0 and 1 for example) when you have it that can be detectable in the future.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but i was thinking if it changes something inside the sysnand (like boot 0 and 1 for example) when you have it that can be detectable in the future.
There is always a strong possibility you will get banned eventually you can take as many careful steps as you want to make sure you don’t slip up but you will slip up year or so it’s inevitable, probably forget something very minor and you be banned.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's pretty secure right now to use EmuNAND. I've been using it for months, with SysNAND being official and online, and EmuNAND always offline and for homebrew.

However, just as everyone says, prepare for being banned. You never know how nor when Nintendo will implement new telemetry.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing is future proof... like @Reecey have said... eventually either you or someone else slips (dev) and forget to change/update a minor setting and you go online before the issue was addressed. Nintendo might not have the right to rummage through your files, but they can implement extra security on their firmware to detect any foreign data that may or may not lead to a ban. I think this is what people here are convey to you is that the only for sure way to not get banned, is not to go online... No one will give you the 100% assurance... It's the same with life... can you be confident that you'll never get into a car accident if you drive carefully?

Reactions: xYuunax

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nothing is future proof... like @Reecey have said... eventually either you or someone else slips (dev) and forget to change/update a minor setting and you go online before the issue was addressed. Nintendo might not have the right to rummage through your files, but they can implement extra security on their firmware to detect any foreign data that may or may not lead to a ban. I think this is what people here are convey to you is that the only for sure way to not get banned, is not to go online... No one will give you the 100% assurance... It's the same with life... can you be confident that you'll never get into a car accident if you drive carefully?

I don’t mean to play devils adocate but I honestly think your being a tad paranoid.
Find one post online for someone getting banned with emunand, and you will convince me otherwise.
Heck pretty much every CFW have prebuilt measures that prevent you connecting to nintendos servers at any rate and with incognito its literally impossible.
Your are much much more likely to brick your switch by screwing up, and I mean waaaaay more likely :P.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yo I play since months online backups on my emuNAND and hack in my original Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Game and nothing happened to me so far I will keep doing it tho but I will not endorse it because look what shithole gaming in PS3 and Xbox 360 has become, not even possible to find one lobby that is not hacked

Last edited by MeAndHax,

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yo I play since months online backups on my emuNAND and hack in my original Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Game and nothing happened to me so far I will keep doing it tho but I will not endorse it because look what shithole gaming in PS3 and Xbox 360 has become, not even possible to find one lobby that is not hacked

Nice done! Do you use your nintendo online account to play online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head