1. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    emuNAND is isolated, it should not be possible to access the sysNAND while in emuNAND.
    The only case where sysNAND is modified is if AutoRCM is enabled. Also, if AutoRCM is enabled, then you can't launch true stock OFW, there are always some patches applied otherwise the console would not be able to boot. So AutoRCM in general has a higher risk of ban since it changes things that could maybe be detected.
    In theory, there is no possible way for Nintendo to detect a hacked console if you keep your sysNAND clean and AutoRCM off, and only use your emuNAND offline or with 90DNS/Incognito.
    I would not have hacked my Switch if there was any significant ban risk. I switch between OFW and CFW on a regular basis, so far so good.
    You're definitely getting banned, you're probably already flagged, the question is just when Nintendo will start ban waves again.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 31, 2020
  2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Put it this way... If emunand was detectable it would defeat the purpose of using it to begin with.

3. pausuri

pausuri Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I mean, nobody knows that for sure but it's a simple situation, if you mod your Switch you're taking a risk that (in my opinion) outcomes the fact of connecting your Switch online....

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not only is this potentially illegal but it would lead to a whole slew of false positives if the SD card is used with other consoles.

5. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Thats not true actually, emunand is used for brick protection as running a cfw off a sysnand will run the possibility of a corruption maybe due a bad nsp or nro. I think thats the primary objective of emunand...

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Close but the primary objective of emuMMC is to run higher firmware versions without updating the console. An example of this is for ipatched units whose firmware is low enough to run Deja Vu or if an untethered coldboot exploit is released on a lower firmware version.

Basketto and LapCheong like this.
  7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thats just 1 of the pros of emunand. The true primary usage is to keep the sysnand clean and also allow you to go online without being paranoid while you hack on emunand. You can still get a corrupted emunand the only real way to prevent bricks is to know what your doing and make backups of your nand.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No, that is just what people use emuMMC for. The real reason emuMMC was even created was to allow consoles to boot higher firmware versions without updating their console. It was the case with the 3DS and also with the Wii U. For the Switch, Deja Vu currently works on firmware versions 4.1 and lower so those users need emuMMC in order to not only play newer games but even play online. And the point about bricked emuMMC is that it is much easier to recover a bricked emuMMC than a bricked sysMMC.

9. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Not that ive had a brick, but couldn’t you in theory just create another emuMMC?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You could also do that but if you don't have any backups of your save data especially, you will be losing all of that.

Basketto likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - nintendo, inserted, emunand