1. Xilith

OP Xilith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    i was thinking if the sx os emunand modifies something in the nand than can be seen even if there's no micro sd inside, there will be a way to detect it?

Shadow#1 likes this.
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Hope so

3. Xilith

Newcomer

Italy
    Why?

MeAndHax likes this.
  4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Because once hacked system should always remain off line indefinitely

5. Xilith

Newcomer

Italy
    Forever offline = Ban, don't know why you hope that nintendo detects emunand, it really gets you mad? xD

MeAndHax likes this.
  6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

I understand what he means, no one wants a hacked system accessible to online features it can be completely ruined for genuine users that want an online free gaming zone without having to worry about hacks etc.. also accounts on eshop kept safe that can be hacked all sorts of dodgy reasons why.

7. Xilith

Newcomer

Italy
    I'm talking about emunand, so the sysnand is clean for online, so the hacks will be only offline in emunand, that's what i mean, obvious that if you use a cfw for online with a switch you're asking for a ban.

8. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm in for a definite answer to this too ... I'd love to have access to some homebrew, maybe certain 'backups' ... but not at the expense of being 'banned' from online, and not at the expense of online cheats being possible for the scumbags. Leads to total ruin.

9. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Noone has been banned using emunand even stored as a file, and nintendo isn’t going to start an illegal process of rummaging through peoples sd card contents for an emunand. If you use emanund correctly you dont get banned(its that simple), you want to be even more safe then install incognito on your emunand. Aslong as you can’t connect to nintendos servers their are no bans. Weather nintendo can or cannot detect is pretty irrelevant, as noone knows. Most likely answer is, could they? Yes. Legally? No.

10. Xilith

Newcomer

Italy
    Yes, but i was thinking if it changes something inside the sysnand (like boot 0 and 1 for example) when you have it that can be detectable in the future.

11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

There is always a strong possibility you will get banned eventually you can take as many careful steps as you want to make sure you don’t slip up but you will slip up year or so it’s inevitable, probably forget something very minor and you be banned.

12. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Mexico
    It's pretty secure right now to use EmuNAND. I've been using it for months, with SysNAND being official and online, and EmuNAND always offline and for homebrew.

However, just as everyone says, prepare for being banned. You never know how nor when Nintendo will implement new telemetry.

13. Kazesama

Kazesama GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nothing is future proof... like @Reecey have said... eventually either you or someone else slips (dev) and forget to change/update a minor setting and you go online before the issue was addressed. Nintendo might not have the right to rummage through your files, but they can implement extra security on their firmware to detect any foreign data that may or may not lead to a ban. I think this is what people here are convey to you is that the only for sure way to not get banned, is not to go online... No one will give you the 100% assurance... It's the same with life... can you be confident that you'll never get into a car accident if you drive carefully?

xYuunax likes this.
  14. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don’t mean to play devils adocate but I honestly think your being a tad paranoid.
    Find one post online for someone getting banned with emunand, and you will convince me otherwise.
    Heck pretty much every CFW have prebuilt measures that prevent you connecting to nintendos servers at any rate and with incognito its literally impossible.
    Your are much much more likely to brick your switch by screwing up, and I mean waaaaay more likely :P.

15. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    yo I play since months online backups on my emuNAND and hack in my original Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Game and nothing happened to me so far I will keep doing it tho but I will not endorse it because look what shithole gaming in PS3 and Xbox 360 has become, not even possible to find one lobby that is not hacked

Last edited by MeAndHax, Jul 28, 2020
  16. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    How should they detect an emunand when no sd card is inserted?

supaastahhmarioo likes this.
  17. supaastahhmarioo

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    bruv I was thinking this, like what! Really :/ pretty much answered his own question

18. Xilith

Newcomer

Italy
    Maybe to boot the emunand something in sysnand must be changed like the autorcm and even without sd card this change will stay.

19. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    If you don't inject a payload, you can't "infect" your sysnand. And the emunand doesn't boot into the sysnand afaik.

20. flowlapache

flowlapache Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Nice done! Do you use your nintendo online account to play online?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - nintendo, inserted, emunand