1. k3rizz3k

OP k3rizz3k GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm wanting to pull my old ps4 from the closet and upgrade to the newest henable version, and not sure how to proceed.

2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    Haven't updated, but it should be as simple as deleting cache in the browser, updating, then saving cache of the new payload(s). You only have to deploy it once

KiiWii likes this.
  3. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Eh, depending on various things such as forgetting to remove a disc or detach a USB device after inevitable kernel panics and or jailbreak fails, you'll probably wind up deploying/caching whatever host option you use many times. But in essence, @godreborn 's assumption is spot on.

susi91 likes this.
  4. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Really? For jailbreak fails is that recommended too? Thought a reboot is enough?

5. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sometimes a jailbreak attempt will just keep failing for some reason. I've resorted to all manner of methods at times to get a successful result. Including, but certainly not limited to deleting browser cache. And other times I can get a string of a dozen or more successful attempts. It certainly is rather mysterious! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All in all though, I do not regret my decision to upgrade to 6.72 from 5.05.

susi91 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - tutorial, upgrade, cached