Is there a tool to convert my old Pokemon Silver save file to a Soul Silver save file?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, we are talking about converting GB/GBC cartridge save files to something more up to date.

Reason: Pokemon Bank.

Cheers

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, we are talking about converting GB/GBC cartridge save files to something more up to date.

Reason: Pokemon Bank.

Cheers
That would be incredibly complex. I can't imagine the save structure being at all similar to the original, since it's based on the D/P engine.
It might be theoretically possible given enough knowledge about the save structure of both games and the differences between them. More than likely certain things will not be able to be converted because the differences are just too great but it should at least be theoretically possible to get your PC boxes and party pokemon transferred over. After all Nintendo already did a similar thing with the Gen 1 VC games and PHBank might also support transferring Pokemon from Gen 1 to newer gens, not sure.
The question though is, is there enough interest among homebrew devs for someone to work on something like this?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
what you want is little complex. but you could wait for it:

people are using they old Saves with red/blue/yellow on 3DS which they transfer they pokemons with pokebank.

so im sure we will one day get pokemon silver on VC. and have the ability to transfer to pokebank or what ever to the latest version.

for now just play soul sliver as a fresh game. im sure you will like the nostalgia and new stuff added. in fact best remake ever made.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not in to the Poke-scene so I am probably way off mark but wouldn't an easier route to grab a available save file and use a save editor/cheat app to apply what you want?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad news everyone, I fired up the Silver cart and there's no save game. Looks like the battery died (possibly due to the realtime clock). My blue cart is fine with its save fully intact, but many of my best players were on Silver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: