Is there a tool to convert my old Pokemon Silver save file to a Soul Silver save file?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by retrospect, Mar 28, 2017.

1. retrospect
    OP

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    Yes, we are talking about converting GB/GBC cartridge save files to something more up to date.

Reason: Pokemon Bank.

Cheers

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That would be incredibly complex. I can't imagine the save structure being at all similar to the original, since it's based on the D/P engine.
    It might be theoretically possible given enough knowledge about the save structure of both games and the differences between them. More than likely certain things will not be able to be converted because the differences are just too great but it should at least be theoretically possible to get your PC boxes and party pokemon transferred over. After all Nintendo already did a similar thing with the Gen 1 VC games and PHBank might also support transferring Pokemon from Gen 1 to newer gens, not sure.
    The question though is, is there enough interest among homebrew devs for someone to work on something like this?

3. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    what you want is little complex. but you could wait for it:

people are using they old Saves with red/blue/yellow on 3DS which they transfer they pokemons with pokebank.

so im sure we will one day get pokemon silver on VC. and have the ability to transfer to pokebank or what ever to the latest version.

for now just play soul sliver as a fresh game. im sure you will like the nostalgia and new stuff added. in fact best remake ever made.

4. jimbo13

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    I'm not in to the Poke-scene so I am probably way off mark but wouldn't an easier route to grab a available save file and use a save editor/cheat app to apply what you want?

5. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    There is no ability or proper ev/ iv in gold/ silver.

6. retrospect
    OP

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    Sad news everyone, I fired up the Silver cart and there's no save game. Looks like the battery died (possibly due to the realtime clock). My blue cart is fine with its save fully intact, but many of my best players were on Silver.