Hacking Is there a thing called a 'Fake' Acekard 2i?

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a thing called a 'Fake' Acekard 2i? If there is then how will you be able to tell the difference between a 'Fake' Acekard 2i and a 'Real' Acekard 2i? And will the 'Fake' Acekard 2i work normally like a 'Real' Acekard 2i?

And is it gurannted that the Acekard 2i will work on a 1.3E UK DSi? And should i download the 4.16 firmware from www.acekard.com? And can a 8gb micro SDHC work on it?

(I got the 8gb micro SDHC memory card with my nokia 5800, so will it work?)

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know there is no fake ak2i. And It will work with a 1.3 firmware dsi. don't get the official firmware get akaio there should be a link under one of the stickys. and your 8gb sd card should work as long as its formatted to FAT 32

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4i is a fake/clone of the Acekard2i. But there's no fake Acekard that has the name 'Acekard' to this date. Just the R4i, which is the closest to a fake you're going to get right now.

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But do I have to format it?

All I have in that card is videos (MP3/MP4/JPG/JPEG), photos (JPG/JPEG) and music (MP3/MP4a).

Would the memory card still work on the acekard 2i?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all do you have a mircosd card reader? if so put the card in and go to my computer and right click on the mircosd card and click properties it should be under there

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't got a micro SD card reader.

Will I get my sd card reader when I buy an acekard 2i (I heard that they give you a card reader along with it)

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depended were ya get it. on deal extreme where i got mine it doesn't come with one but it is far cheaper than any other place to get it it. on the same site you can also buy a cheap mircosd card reader as well.

snukems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Findecanno said:
as far as I know there is no fake ak2i. And It will work with a 1.3 firmware dsi. don't get the official firmware get akaio there should be a link under one of the stickys. and your 8gb sd card should work as long as its formatted to FAT 32

why d oyou say to get the unnoficial firmware only i heard it was not that good and very buggy is that true

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snukems said:
Findecanno said:

why d oyou say to get the unnoficial firmware only i heard it was not that good and very buggy is that true
no it is better than the official in most ways as long as you update the loader when dealing with the ak2i it works better than the official and is regularly updated

imbetterthanulol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why are there two different packages for the Acekard 2i?

I figured it was because one was a fake....

ACEKARD2I.jpg

12436253580.jpg

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
imbetterthanulol said:
Then why are there two different packages for the Acekard 2i?
Because paper is better than plastic and someone just told them? Because they ran out of one? Because it was cheaper to get a clamshell manufactured for a while than a box+plastic insert and that situation has reversed when they need a new batch for restock?

Lots of good reasons to vary packing that have nothing to do with fake/clones... IMHO the clamshell is the most durable/reliable for getting a product to a customer, especially when dealing with soft envelope shippers like dealextreme - but when getting quantity to a reseller the box is better because thet are generally more stackable (ie: the box is not pre-assembled and is shipped separate from the carts themselves, perhaps even with no sticker and such on the carts yet) meaning one can generally fit more product into a smaller space.

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
The R4i is a fake/clone of the Acekard2i. But there's no fake Acekard that has the name 'Acekard' to this date. Just the R4i, which is the closest to a fake you're going to get right now.

to be accurate...the r4ultraI(r4ui)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself