Hacking is there a savedatafiler.3ds? I need it. cia version will not work for me

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my xenoblade chronicles save file is stuck on my 4 gb sd card with emunand on 9.5

I recently formatted my sysnand and emunand onto a new 32 gb sd card. the sysnand and emunand is 9.0

My previous 4 gb sd card still has emunand on 9.5 and when I insert the sd card, I can resume my xenoblade save file.

however, I want to move this save to my 32 gb. I tried simply moving the .sav file but that did not work.
This emunand had a problem where it would not install any .cia
I tried all solutions and it would not work. I tried installing savedatafiler.cia but it would not install. it said it is invalid. the cia is not invalid, it installed fine in the new emunand.

so I was wondering if there was a savedatafiler.3ds so I can back it up somehow but the only way I can do that is if there is a savedatafiler.3ds version because the cia version will not install.

If this is not possible, then I will just insert this micro sd card every time I want to play xenoblade which is something I do not want to do.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Why not just format emunand on your 32 gb then use the latest version of emunandtransfer tool to copy your emunand to the new card?

Also isn't xenoblade chronicles a card 1 type game? I haven't played it yet so I am not 100% sure

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You should be able to just rename the savedatafiler.csu file from the sdk tools pack to .3ds and it would work.
Obviously it will only work with CIA/eShop games.

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just format emunand on your 32 gb then use the latest version of emunandtransfer tool to copy your emunand to the new card?

Also isn't xenoblade chronicles a card 1 type game? I haven't played it yet so I am not 100% sure
I did that and the 32gb also gave me the invalid cia message.

But I realized that this would not work because if the savedatafiler is .3ds, xenoblade wouod have to be .cia which is impossible.

So I guess I can maybe request someone else's save.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why can't you make 1 full sd card backup (of your 4GB card) using a program like hdd raw copy tool and then flash that to your 32gb sd card (with the same program) and then expand the non-emunand partition (to the right) using your favorite partition software (minitool partition wizard or similar) to gain the rest of the space on your 32gb sd card? Do you not want emunand on 9.5 any more?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
why can't you make 1 full sd card backup (of your 4GB card) using a program like hdd raw copy tool and then flash that to your 32gb sd card (with the same program) and then expand the non-emunand partition (to the right) using your favorite partition software (minitool partition wizard or similar) to gain the rest of the space on your 32gb sd card? Do you not want emunand on 9.5 any more?
He said CIAs don't work on it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
xenoblade chronicles is not available as a cia I thought? So this would be null right?

by not available do you mean not shared publicly? or not possible?
because it is possible, it is just that no one has uploaded it - most people who would be able to make it would not be interested in buying the eshop version just to share.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
because it is possible, it is just that no one has uploaded it - most people who would be able to make it would not be interested in buying the eshop version just to share.

The last time I read about it nobody had dumped it due to it not being on the eshop yet since there was something new that had to be dumped first.

I have a US console so I wasn't even sure if it has been released on the e-shop yet. Personally I don't care if it's a .3dz or a cia I have space for both

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The last time I read about it nobody had dumped it due to it not being on the eshop yet since there was something new that had to be dumped first.
I have a US console so I wasn't even sure if it has been released on the e-shop yet. Personally I don't care if it's a .3dz or a cia I have space for both
if you have a n3ds with a nand mod, and you are on an exploitable fw, you can update to 9.6, buy the game, dump your nand, and decrypt it from stuff you generate on the exploitable lower fw.
but not many people have a n3ds nand mod, plus not many people will buy a game simply so others can have a cia version of it, lol

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
if you have a n3ds with a nand mod, and you are on an exploitable fw, you can update to 9.6, buy the game, dump your nand, and decrypt it from stuff you generate on the exploitable lower fw.
but not many people have a n3ds nand mod, plus not many people will buy a game simply so others can have a cia version of it, lol

I have a nand mod but unless 50 people want to chip in $1 each I doubt I'll be the one dumping and converting it

Reactions: cearp

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
What would be better is if someone hardmods the LE so a signed cia could be made, it was pre-installed on the LE right?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No one has dumped the eShop version yet. And the 3DS version can't be converted to CIA yet because there is no public way of decrypting it. This game is exclusive to n3DS and uses new encryption keys for NCCH among other things. So no, generating xorpads for it and converting it to CIA isn't possible at the moment. That's the main reason there isn't a CIA of it yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1