Is there a save editor for Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BudWinston, Jan 24, 2015.

1. BudWinston
    OP

BudWinston Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    United States
    Oregon, Illinois
    without a flashcard preferably...

ubergeek77 likes this.
  2. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
  3. BudWinston
    OP

BudWinston Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    United States
    Oregon, Illinois
    I wonder why? Pokémon and Fantasy Life have one.

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Yes, but savegame can only be extracted by flashcard for pokemon...

5. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Well, there is a Datel offering which works. Action Replay Powersaves Pro. It's very limited in what it can do, though.

6. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2011
    United States
    Any idea if we'll see any form of save editor in the near future?

7. Satix

Satix Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Fantasy Life's looks like it requires a flashcard or such. If any developers are interested though, save editing should be possible for almost every game now through web injection (Pokemon's method).

8. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    The Pokemon RAM injector sourcecode is there, so we only need to know the specific addresses to dump it. I could start a simple save editor if we get there.
    I'm also interested on this because I lost my 3DS a few months ago and had to buy a new one. Fortunately, Nintendo transferred my eShop account to the new one, so I was able to redownload everything. But my 500+ hours savegame was lost and I would like to start a new savegame with all my art, money and catalog recovered.

9. Cilerba

Cilerba Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2011
    United States
    What about a save editor to be used with a flashcard, unlike what OP said?

10. Kafke

Kafke GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2009
    United States

Nope. Fantasy Life's is interesting, since all of the main save data is stored as 'extra data', which is inherently on the SD card. You just use the extData dumping tool, and you get access to the save files. Likewise, when you own a retail cartridge of the game, the save file isn't connected to the cartridge. I'm guessing this is why an editor popped up so quick.

11. Satix

Satix Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what the save files are. Getting the files in/out seems very complicated, and the editor didn't come with a tutorial or anything. :(

I'm on the newest firmware anyway so I'm guessing I can't use any of the save extractors.

EDIT: Looks like you are required to have a modified 3DS of some sort. http://prntscr.com/5z5gwl

It'd be cool to see something like the web-based injection for Fantasy Life, though.