Is there a RTL-SDR DS Project anywhere?

Cosmonaut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised to be having a tough time finding anything on a Software Defined Radio DS. Am I overlooking something in my searches? This would make a great project for all on both sides. From there it can be utilized for others like the Switch etc. I would like to know where n how to start this without much to go on. Is someone reading this into SDR?

Attachments

• znxnbflkevz11.png
    znxnbflkevz11.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 34

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would the DS be a good fit? The DS does not really have any serious networking/radio hardware, and what little there is fairly custom (granted custom = headerless conventional wifi) and lacking much in the way of capacity to fiddle with it at software level.

This would mean you either use something like a dsserial to monitor/encode an external piece of hardware, said network as a remote control, something a bit more custom with the GBA slot ( https://web.archive.org/web/20160414182115/http://reinerziegler.de/GBA/gba.htm ) and the DS as a control device, or maybe one of the other means of getting signals out of a GBA or DS ( http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#externalconnectors , technically pokemon featured IR and pokemon teaches typing some form of bluetooth but not going to be too easy to run homebrew and use those together...) to go to your hardware, even better if it gets powered by one of the voltages delivered (there was once a simple radio receiver* that powered from a GBA slot).

*this was around the time of that little fad for very small FM radios powered by coin cells so I guess it made sense.

Cosmonaut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would the DS be a good fit? The DS does not really have any serious networking/radio hardware, and what little there is fairly custom (granted custom = headerless conventional wifi) and lacking much in the way of capacity to fiddle with it at software level.
The SDR dongle the external antenna on it. The portability and battery life of a DS would be beneficial. Something else just crossed my mind. Seeing the HackRF had a 2 watt output. The DS chat program PictoChat. Would have one HELL of a boost from it. Not to mention the games that could benefit too. When you'd asked originally. I was stuck ony original idea. But such a project would open all sorts of doors. With the SDR it be USB from DS to SDR. Output to antenna. After NDS gets going. It becomes limited by imagination. I'm going to take some notes. Check those links you posted. Do some searching for SDR & DS modder. Thanks for your input

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it