Hacking is there a reliable hack to play 3DS ROMS?

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm very new to this site and I've never played a 3DS before, I'm seriously thinking of buying one for pokemon Sun and moon

I've had a PSP years ago and after installing CFW you could play ANY game without worrying about compatibility etc, it was so convenient...is there a similar thing with 3DS? a reliable CFW/flashcart?

Yes, ive read the pinned threads but the technical terms are confusing me so much, i barely understood a thing :(

My question is there a good hack for people who JUST want to play pirated games? im not interested in english patches and cheats etc, just wanna play games just guide me to a hack be it a cfw or a flashcart.

And are there better 3DS systems for hacks? which 3DS should i get?

If there is NO reliable 3DS hack like that then I will gladly pay for legit games, i just thought i already pay a lot for Xbox One games why not be a cheapskate on 3ds :D, but if i have to i will pay i've decided on buying a 3DS anyway

And thanks!

Last edited by Ice97,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My question is there a good hack for people who JUST want to play pirated games? im not interested in english patches and cheats etc, just wanna play games just guide me to a hack be it a cfw or a flashcart.
If you only want pirated game and not necessarily online play, you can even get a Sky3DS+ (though that's for the price of a 2DS, so that doesn't look like the best idea).
Otherwise (or even in the previous case), you can google "plailect guide".

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<=10.7 3DS
Luma CFW
And you're ready to go

Thanks for the quick reply!
Do I need to buy a flashcart? and does it work with all 3DS?

And can I check my 3DS software version before buying? as in is it written in the box? don't wanna buy anything > 10.7

Froster

Your Music Producer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the quick reply!
Do I need to buy a flashcart? and does it work with all 3DS?

And can I check my 3DS software version before buying? as in is it written in the box? don't wanna buy anything > 10.7
You only need this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki (it's totally free btw)
And no sadly there's no way to know that before... It's rare though to find a >10.7

Last edited by Froster,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New people are welcome. If you understand some of the basic terms, you should be able to play "roms" on your 3ds. If you are willing to drop a bit of cash, you can buy a sky3ds to play roms off that, if you want a cheaper but more risky way to play roms, you should read plailect's Arm9LoaderHax guide. The guide will walk you through the entire process of hacking your 3ds to allow you to play games. It takes a lot of time however. If you are not picky about the type of hack you get, you can stop at step 3 of the guide and play roms from there. Good Luck.

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only want pirated game and not necessarily online play, you can even get a Sky3DS+ (though that's for the price of a 2DS, so that doesn't look like the best idea).
Otherwise (or even in the previous case), you can google "plailect guide".

If it works reliably with all games I might just pay the money and buy a Sky3DS+ lol

Thanks for the reply

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New people are welcome. If you understand some of the basic terms, you should be able to play "roms" on your 3ds. If you are willing to drop a bit of cash, you can buy a sky3ds to play roms off that, if you want a cheaper but more risky way to play roms, you should read plailect's Arm9LoaderHax guide. The guide will walk you through the entire process of hacking your 3ds to allow you to play games. It takes a lot of time however. If you are not picky about the type of hack you get, you can stop at step 3 of the guide and play roms from there. Good Luck.

Money isn't a problem (as long as it doesn't cost as much as a decent library of legit games :))

So Sky3DS+ is the best hack? is it guaranteed to work with upcoming games (pokemon sun and moon) or should i hold off until then?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money isn't a problem (as long as it doesn't cost as much as a decent library of legit games :))

So Sky3DS+ is the best hack? is it guaranteed to work with upcoming games (pokemon sun and moon) or should i hold off until then?
Sky3DS is not necessarily a hack. It's a flash cart where you put games on it through your computer. Hacking your 3ds requires a person to patch their system firmware to allow games to be installed on it without the eshop

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking at the sky3ds+ website and it says all versions up to 11.0 are supported...does it mean if my 3DS is on 11.1 or higher im out of luck?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking at the sky3ds+ website and it says all versions up to 11.0 are supported...does it mean if my 3DS is on 11.1 or higher im out of luck?
Currently, the highest 3ds version is 11.0.0-33. The people who make Sky3DS constantly update their products so you should be fine. Another bit of comfort that you might like to know is that Nintendo might be doing less updates for the 3ds because the system is getting old and they are working on the NX

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm very new to this site and I've never played a 3DS before, I'm seriously thinking of buying one for pokemon Sun and moon

I've had a PSP years ago and after installing CFW you could play ANY game without worrying about compatibility etc, it was so convenient...is there a similar thing with 3DS? a reliable CFW/flashcart?

Yes, ive read the pinned threads but the technical terms are confusing me so much, i barely understood a thing :(

And are there better 3DS systems for hacks? which 3DS should i get?

If there is NO reliable 3DS hack like that then I will gladly pay for legit games, i just thought i already pay a lot for Xbox One games why not be a cheapskate on 3ds :D, but if i have to i will pay i've decided on buying a 3DS anyway

And thanks!
A9LH

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So Sky3DS+ is the best hack?
Lol, it's not a hack and it's not the best either :P
It's basically for lazy people who don't mind not playing online, or incoherent pirates who pay money (to buy the cart and private headers for online play) to save money.

Ice97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, it's not a hack and it's not the best either :P
It's basically for lazy people who don't mind not playing online, or incoherent pirates who pay money (to buy the cart and private headers for online play) to save money.

So pilatec hack supports online? and about the money part it's the cost of two games to play numerous ones lol

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So pilatec hack supports online? and about the money part it's the cost of two games to play numerous ones lol
Yes because CIAs (the format that games should have when using Plailect's guide) have private headers built in so there's no issue in playing online.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So pilatec hack supports online?
All modern CFWs do.

and about the money part it's the cost of two games to play numerous ones lol
You didn't read correctly (but maybe I didn't write correctly either :P). I meant
1) cost of the cart itself (yeah, two games)
2) cost of private headers if you want to play online
Private headers can be bought from people, but you never know if they didn't sell it twice (which makes it less private obviously) so the real solution is to buy a game, new (if used, you never know, the header may be used too), so here's the price of more games. Price that you don't have to pay with CFWs.

Reactions: Stephano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz