Hacking Question Is there a reason to stay on 5.10

fikatr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Currently on 5.10 with sxos and im wondering if i should update to play newer games. Also, can you play online with emunand? or is going online still risky even with emunand

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Never go online with EmuNAND. Use EmuNAND for offline CFW and clean SysNAND for online. No one has been banned for that yet. And yes, you can update EmuNAND to the latest firmware and enjoy games even on 8.0.1.

Reactions: KlariNoX and NoNAND

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 5.10 with sxos and im wondering if i should update to play newer games. Also, can you play online with emunand? or is going online still risky even with emunand
No reason not to. Update your CFW and use ChoiNX to update to the latest firmware and select the enable autoRCM option (to prevent fuse burning, allowing you to downgrade to 5.x again if you ever need to). Using emunand online is no more or less risky than using CFW online normally (going online with sxos specifically is a bad idea, so don't do it)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

imagine still being on 5.x in June lmao
I have a console on 4.0.1 still, and I know people who are on 1.0.0 ;)

Reactions: NoNAND

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely worth staying on 5.1 with the recent progress of software exploits like PegaScape. If you want to play newer games just update your emunand to 8.0.1 or use ChoiDujourNX on your sysnand with autorcm to preserve your fuses so you can downgrade later when a software exploit becomes available for 5.1.

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a console on 4.0.1 still, and I know people who are on 1.0.0 ;)

My fuses are burnt up to 4.x (I got my Switch April of last years specifically for Homebrew and it came on 4.0.1) but I've been on 6.2.0 for a good while now, went to 7.0.1 for a bit and run into a shit ton of compatibility issues so fuck that lol

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fuses are burnt up to 4.x (I got my Switch April of last years specifically for Homebrew and it came on 4.0.1) but I've been on 6.2.0 for a good while now, went to 7.0.1 for a bit and run into a shit ton of compatibility issues so fuck that lol
I got my main one at launch an it came with firmware 1.0.0. For awhile it had 4.x fuses, but due to an accident it now has 8x/7x fuses. I usually keep it on the latest firmware Atmosphere supports (though I may do some fuckery with some dev firms soon kek)

My 4.0.1 console is mostly for pegaswitch shit

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.x is good to be on for deja vu support
Deja Vu is supported up to 7.0.1

I got my main one at launch an it came with firmware 1.0.0. For awhile it had 4.x fuses, but due to an accident it now has 8x/7x fuses. I usually keep it on the latest firmware Atmosphere supports (though I may do some fuckery with some dev firms soon kek)

My 4.0.1 console is mostly for pegaswitch shit
My whole reason for staying on 4.x fuses was for a software exploit, idk how much I really care about it anymore though, I cared about it for my stock iPatched Switch but I accidentally updated that, not like I needed it though, I bought my 2nd one specifically for online use but I never fucking use it lol so I was gonna have 2 Hb Switches but oh well, its all good anyway I'm gonna need it for when MM2 drops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself