Hacking Is there a quick save feature with the eWin Expansion Pak

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone,

The topic says it all. I am hoping there is a quick save like with the M3 Real Exansion Pak for GBA.

Thanks in advance.

smile.gif

johnny9562001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
No, and it never will have one. The eWin GBA Expansion doesn't have enough SRAM to hold a save state, and the slot 1 cart cannot be accessed when the DS is in GBA mode.

thats true, but than again.......how does the m3 real do it than? because they have realtimesaving for their gba games and u can use a ewin or an ez 3in1 instead of their expansion and it still works.
so whats different when ur using it with another slot 1? obviously that they are different carts, but if the m3real can do it than so should all the other slot 1's using any expansion.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
johnny9562001 said:
how does the m3 real do it than? because they have realtimesaving for their gba games and u can use a ewin or an ez 3in1 instead of their expansion and it still works.
Have you tried this yourself? If not, do you have a source for this claim? I've never heard of the M3 Real supporting other companies' GBA expansion carts, much less supporting save states on those carts.

I'm not sure about the specs, but I'd guess that the M3 Real allows for save states by including at least 1MB of SRAM in the GBA expansion. The eWin GBA expansion only has 256KB of SRAM; that isn't enough for a save state even without reserving any space for the normal in-game save.

johnny9562001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My respects. im sorry, im just so obsess with having realtime saving that i believe there must be a way, but seeing what u just said i think is time i let go of that illusion, its never gonna happen
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1