Homebrew is there a psx emulator for 3ds (idc if low FPS)

MyDsiXlIsStuckOnPictoChat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
i tried with an old 3ds and it just crashes, im using retroarch instead

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just wanna know if it is ISO or PBP

F3NR1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can compress your bin/cue files to CHD format for retroarchs pcsxrearmed core, you'll need a computer for compression, last I checked it didn't have support for multi disc games, so they'd have to be separate CHD files(pcsxrearmed has a disc change option so no worries), most games work perfectly well as CHD, the only game that I use that MUST be a pbp is Alien Resurrection

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

MyDsiXlIsStuckOnPictoChat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You can compress your bin/cue files to CHD format for retroarchs pcsxrearmed core, you'll need a computer for compression, last I checked it didn't have support for multi disc games, so they'd have to be separate CHD files(pcsxrearmed has a disc change option so no worries), most games work perfectly well as CHD, the only game that I use that MUST be a pbp is Alien Resurrection

WTF, PERFECTLY???????????????,
wow, a psx game running perfectly on a old 3ds

F3NR1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I use New 2DS, but maybe 2D games like Symphony of the Night might run well enough

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS barely fullspeed = good luck on Old3DS. You can probably get it to boot but it won't run well.

You need the bios file correctly named and put in your system folder, pcsx-rearmed will just crash immediately otherwise.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
WTF, PERFECTLY???????????????,
wow, a psx game running perfectly on a old 3ds
You are better off getting any cheat Android phone or another means of emulating PS1 games. The old3DS simply isn't strong enough to properly emulate PS1 games and it seems most of the development isn't focused on making PS1 emulation a thing on old3DS hardware.

autofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, SOTN actually runs on a 3D engine, as the save rooms indicate. This is probs why it performs poorly on o3DS.

(It's also the reason the Saturn port played like shit.)

Reactions: Moon164

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why do people insist on emulating consoles that run terribly on O3DS? I mean i have one and i understand trying to squeeze the most out of the console but if something is not possible, or runs badly, i just move on.
Don't you have a computer or a good tablet or something to emulate PSX properly? If it's for the "on the go" capabilities there's always smartphones, tablets, other consoles like PSP and vita, or even these cheaper raspie based emulation handhelds. And if money's the issue i understand, i've argued against the "just buy a N3DS" more than once here. But im curious.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do people insist on emulating consoles that run terribly on O3DS? I mean i have one and i understand trying to squeeze the most out of the console but if something is not possible, or runs badly, i just move on.
Don't you have a computer or a good tablet or something to emulate PSX properly? If it's for the "on the go" capabilities there's always smartphones, tablets, other consoles like PSP and vita, or even these cheaper raspie based emulation handhelds. And if money's the issue i understand, i've argued against the "just buy a N3DS" more than once here. But im curious.
I don't know if it's the same case as him.

But in my case, I can't buy a New 3DS or Nintendo Switch, it's a little expensive for me at the moment (consoles in Brazil are quite expensive), 3DS is practically my main gaming platform at the moment, so I always try to play as much as I can in it.

I don't like to play on smartphones, I really hate touch controls, it's not the same feeling as buttons, In summary, if I can play on my 3DS, even if it doesn't run perfectly, I would prefer to play on it than on the Smartphone, especially if I don't have the option to buy another console (which is the case).

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But in my case, I can't buy a New 3DS or Nintendo Switch, it's a little expensive for me at the moment (consoles in Brazil are quite expensive), 3DS is practically my main gaming platform at the moment, so I always try to play as much as I can in it.

I don't like to play on smartphones, I really hate touch controls, it's not the same feeling as buttons, In summary, if I can play on my 3DS, even if it doesn't run perfectly, I would prefer to play on it than on the Smartphone, especially if I don't have the option to buy another console (which is the case).
I mean, if its what ya got, then fine. Its just the constant bitching from those that want better performance when they know they got a shitty console. They should be happy with what they got when they cannot get the better option.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

i understand bro im from Argentina. And don't like gaming on smartphones either, it's not comfortable and also you run out of battery to use it for what it's intended..
But you guys gotta accept O3DS just isn't powerful enough to run certain things. There's still a shitload of games you CAN run on it, considering you have the complete library of games of NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, GBcolor, GBadvance, Scumm, NDS, 3DS, plus a bunch of ports of Doom and other old games like that.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1